Mark Hughes as manager

Given got injured at Arsenal away. Gunnar Nielsen came on for the rest of the game and during the week we were allowed to make an emergency loan for Sunderland's back up keeper. Without Googling I can't remember his name.

Much to the fan's delight Glauber Berti came on as a sub during the last home game of the 08/09 season against Bolton (think we pumped them 6-0?). Think this was the same game as Pidgeonho.

Sylvinho was cracking under Mancini. Scored a screamer against Scunthorpe away in the FA cup.
I remember the game I just didn't want to judge him harshly.

Sylvinho, I remember now i have watched the Scunny game...He looks like someone Stuart Taylor would have asked for advice.

and got "Figs and get a good mattress protector" as a reply

Given got injured at Arsenal away. Gunnar Nielsen came on for the rest of the game and during the week we were allowed to make an emergency loan for Sunderland's back up keeper. Without Googling I can't remember his name.

Much to the fan's delight Glauber Berti came on as a sub during the last home game of the 08/09 season against Bolton (think we pumped them 6-0?). Think this was the same game as Pidgeonho.

Sylvinho was cracking under Mancini. Scored a screamer against Scunthorpe away in the FA cup.

Martin Fulop ( that might be spelt wrong ) RIP

I believe RSC and Hughes shared the same agent. Wasn't there a "under cover agent" expose at the time in one of the papers?

just had a quick check and out of the 20 he brought in i'd say 5 1/2 didn't work out (Robinho being the 1/2 we weren't ready for him)

Jo -Shit

Robinho - too good for the team we had

Nigel de Jong - Wonderful signing just what we needed

Craig Bellamy - Splits opinion but i'm a lover of balls on the saw players

Wayne Bridge - took us for a ride but a decent player

SWP - say no more

Shay Given - Decent

Pablo Zabaleta - Hero

Vincent Kompany See Above

Tal Ben Haim - Can't remember him playing for us, didn't he break his leg?

Glauber - Got a great song out of him (proper weird signing)

Gunnar Nielsen - Backup keeper hard to tell

Emmanuel Adebayor - For that celebration alone

Carlos Tevez - Cult Hero

Joleon Lescott - Without his big square head there is no Aguerooooooo, decent

Roque Santa Cruz....Seriously dodgy

Kolo Toure...Steady defender

Sylvinho Can't really remember him but guess he was passed it, one for the dodgy category

Stuart Taylor- Legend
"Robinho - too good for the team we had"

Robinhio- mercenary twat only came for the money and gave up as soon as the pressure started, hugely overrated footballer.

Kolo Toure, finished when he left Arsenal and stole a living of us and the dippers.

Roque Santa Cruz, People have suffered jail time for doing less dodgy deals, Leslie topped up his pension pot good and proper with this one.

Leslie would never speak to Khaldoon, shows what a weirdo he was or more like he knew the big boss man would find him out very quickly.

"Robinho - too good for the team we had"

Robinhio- mercenary twat only came for the money and gave up as soon as the pressure started, hugely overrated footballer.

Kolo Toure, finished when he left Arsenal and stole a living of us and the dippers.

Roque Santa Cruz, People have suffered jail time for doing less dodgy deals, Leslie topped up his pension pot good and proper with this one.

I think all 3 of those deals made sense at the time.

Robinho is one of the few players from that era that would still get in our line up now, perhaps not a Pep player though. The best first touch I've ever seen on a player, probably more so than Neymar or Mahrez. We used to lump 60 yard passes and he'd trap it dead on his chest. Rapist **** thought by all accounts, so throw away the key. Brazil will never extradite him to Italy though.

Toure was a leader and was a turning of the tide signing joining us at his peak from a bigger club. The 'money City' tongue slip in his first interview didn't help nor did the diet pills gaffe, but I have a lot of respect for him. It probably opened the door to his brother joining the club too a year later, who for me is the club's best ever player (I'm too young to have seen Colin the King play live).

Our fans were all crying like big babies in January 09 when we didn't sign RSC or another forward, and whimpered to a 10th place finish with Caicedo or Bojinov up front. We all wanted Roque, and he did arrive in the summer alongside Adebayor with great anticipation for goals. He was clearly very unlucky with a persistent knee injury and Bobby Manc never fancied giving him a chance when he arrived in the December. The lad has still gone on to have a successful career in Spain and back home in Paraguay. I believe he's still playing in his 40s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.