Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

alera said:
Nothing to indicate there is any truth in this. Still if we take any less than 8 points from the next 12 there is a chance of HUghes being replaced in January BUT ONLY IF the likes of Hindink or special one are available - this is very unlikely though IMO I am sure they would want the special one and no way he would come mid season - or would Inter would let him go with champions league and Inter being at the top of Seria A.

Hughes will almost certainly be given until next summer. If he hasnt got us in the top 4 OR won a cup and secured top 6 he will be fucked off and no one will be able to disagree that its the right thing to do.

People will always have differing views on a manager Alera no matter the circumstances.

My guess is improvement in performance and results points wise over last year is the target.

Whether that means 4th or 10th who knows.

Of course we want to be in Europe next year preferably the chumps league but if we fail to make Europe I don't necessarily think it will be the end of Hughes no matter how much he has to spend.

I am not a huge fan of Hughes but I would prefer our results mean he gets another season.

vans0531 said:
High level discussions held in Abu Dhabi over Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

Reports in Abu Dhabi today have claimed that Mark Hughes’ days as Manchester City are numbered.

The owners of Manchester City are disappointed after placing much faith in Hughes, City are struggling to keep up with the chase for a Champions League spot.

It now believed that if City do not show signs of improvement in the final matches of 2009, Hughes will be sacked and replaced in time for the January transfer window.

Mark Hughes’ takes his side to Spurs tomorrow before further Premier League matches against Sunderland, Stoke and Wolves.

City have drawn eight of their last nine Premier League games and the City hierarchy in Abu

Dhabi are becoming impatient after a summer spending spree that brought Carlos Tevez
Emmanuel Adebayor , Gareth Barry , Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott to the club.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/High-level-discussions-held-in-Abu-Dhabi-over-Mark-Hughes-exit-from-Manchester-City/4190/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-a ... City/4190/</a>

You dont seriously believe this bollocks do you?

Gimme me a B..

Gimme an O..

Gimme an L..

Gimme another L..

Gimme another O..

Give me a C..

Gimme a K..

And finally, gimme an S..

What does it spell?....

Ricster said:
Just because there are no quotes does it mean the article is shit? Who knows.

Whether by shit you mean to suggest the article has some semblence of fact to it is like saying every manager is only x number of games from getting the chop which we all know is the case.

Outside stating the bleedin obvious ie stating nothing of any substance whatsoever and written in different formats hundreds of times since Hughes took over these articles are published in the main by people who have absolutely no connection to the owners least of all their thoughts.

If you can prove otherwise I would like to see your post but outside saying it may be true it may not which is the same as saying it might rain tomorrow in Sydney but then again it might not I doubt you can add to the thread.

rather than just instantly labelling the story as "bollocks" it might be worth waiting to see if any stories emanate from Abu Dhabi to back the claim up?

would seem extremely odd to quote "Reports in Abu Dhabi today have claimed...." just on a complete whim?

Ricster said:
Just because there are no quotes does it mean the article is shit? Who knows.

Yes. As he appears to be basing it on thin air, there are no facts

Hughes in line for Manager of the year award

Mark Hughes today emerged as the frontrunner for the manager of the year award. His Manchester City side have only succumbed to one defeat this campaign and he is thought to be the bookies favourite for the award.

In other Hughes news, he recently bought a toastie maker in the shape of Adebayor's face so he can enjoy cheesey delights in the shape of his Togolese striker whenever he pleases

What do you know? Im a journalist too!!

What a Christmas present this would be.

Although this seems a story with no foundation sadly. I fully expect a load abuse for expressing my opinion.

As an aside to this.

We have failed to beat Bolton, Burnley, Fulham, Birmingham, Hull and Wigan. I would like to know how many of the players from the aforementioned teams would get into our side. Bullard maybe, maybe not. Barry Ferguson, probably not. N'zogbia.

Not many I would guess. To draw with a couple of teams may be acceptable. But all five.

I rest my case mi lud. Hughes out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.