mark ogden - telegraph, wrote an article...

Len Rum said:
ExiledInEC1 said:
When it first appeared on the Telegraph website he referred to us as having suffered the biggest collapse since Devon Loch. That was soon edited out but it was quite revealing because it demonstrates how he's prepared to twist facts - we were never many points clear, so the analogy was a joke - to put us down.

Still, I seem to remember him doing much the same two years ago so it was probably a good omen. When Ogden says it's all over for us, we're about to win it.
The same is true of Mr Hugh McIlvanney the Sunday Times 'voice of sport'.
He has come in for criticism in this morning's sport letter section of the Sunday Times for some recent articles of his concerning City.
On 16th March he wrote an article labelling us as the 'most spectacular under-achievers in the history of the Premier League'.
Then on 20th April in a piece entitled 'City's wealth of woes' he cited our slim chances of winning the Premier League as 'another example of under-achievement to add to a long and miserable sequence'.
On the morning of 11th May, the final day of Premiership matches , he then penned an article stating that our 'Late title push had plenty of help' and 'City look set to snatch silverware today - all thanks to the inconsistencies of their immediate rivals'.
At 5pm that same day City had won the Premier League to add to the Capitol One Cup and their title victory of 2012 and FA Cup win of 2011- four domestic trophies in four seasons, greater than any other team ( not to mention FA Cup finalists of 2013 and League runners up in 2013 and Champions League qualification for four consecutive years).
Enough said Hugh.

Mcllvanney, who Ferguson has described as his favourite sports writer, has made a complete fool of himself with his bitter ramblings about City. Ogden is nearly as bad. He decried Pellegrini's managerial record before coming to Europe. In fact Manuel won one South American title with San Lorenzo and two league titles, the second one with River Plate..one of the world's biggest clubs. I have no problems with fair criticism from journalists but there is no excuse for such ignorance. I recall Manuel was asked before his first Manchester Derby if he could cope with the atmosphere. I think it was a walk in the park compared to the matches he managed between Boca Juniors and River Plate, widely regarded as the world's most intense football fixture.

robinhood CITY said:
stony said:
robinhood CITY said:
Probably cause he is from Heywood

How old is he and where did he go to school/live ?
Definitely from Heywood not sure how old he is .Have heard his parents owned the bungalow shop on Argyle Street

I used to catch the bus outside that shop to go to school.

stony said:
robinhood CITY said:
stony said:
How old is he and where did he go to school/live ?
Definitely from Heywood not sure how old he is .Have heard his parents owned the bungalow shop on Argyle Street

I used to catch the bus outside that shop to go to school.
Yeah that's the one, I went to Bullough Moor over the road for a bit - his brother was a goalkeeper at Rochdale. He was ok, Mark's a fucking cockroach though, proper rag sycophant who can't seem to write an article without some mention of us in a negative light.

Independent on Saturday - from Tom Peck (who he)? Commenting on Messi's new contract - reportedly €20m a season:
"Yes , there's a lot of money sloshing around in football...... But it's worth remembering that, for the time being at least ,these astronomical amounts are inflated and set by oily billionaires who want to set fire to their cash. In a conventional sense , the game is broken."
To whom can this cliche monger be referring?

Bodicoteblue said:
Independent on Saturday - from Tom Peck (who he)? Commenting on Messi's new contract - reportedly €20m a season:
"Yes , there's a lot of money sloshing around in football...... But it's worth remembering that, for the time being at least ,these astronomical amounts are inflated and set by oily billionaires who want to set fire to their cash. In a conventional sense , the game is broken."
Oily billionaires? I didn't realise Philip Green was involved in football.

article-2507399-196AEAF800000578-85_634x631.jpg

Bodicoteblue said:

I think it might be a reference to the olive oil dressing that Uncle Malcolm puts on his salad!

One of my favourite tweets of last season. From 20/04/14

@MOgdenTelegraph: Liverpool probably the most exciting champions to watch since Arsenal's Invincibles. No question that they deserve to win the league.

Walkbustaxi said:
One of my favourite tweets of last season. From 20/04/14

@MOgdenTelegraph: Liverpool probably the most exciting champions to watch since Arsenal's Invincibles. No question that they deserve to win the league.

Didn't see that tweet did he really tweet that? I presume it was after Liverpool beat us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.