mark ogden - telegraph, wrote an article...

robinhood CITY said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Damocles said:
Ogden is everything that's wrong with journalism.

From his writings, he comes across as a bitter ****. If you hear him speak normally, he comes across as a well informed football commentator.
You get the feeling that he only writes have the shit he does because it generates hits and interest rather than it being his true opinion.

With the M.E.N going this way in recent years too, we really are stuck now for football news that isn't either offensively cherrypicked nonsense or outrageous pandering

I had never heard him speak until very recently and I was shocked at how inarticulate he was. He was muttering like paul scholes and came across as being slightly brain damaged.
Probably cause he is from Heywood

How old is he and where did he go to school/live ?

Len Rum said:
ExiledInEC1 said:
When it first appeared on the Telegraph website he referred to us as having suffered the biggest collapse since Devon Loch. That was soon edited out but it was quite revealing because it demonstrates how he's prepared to twist facts - we were never many points clear, so the analogy was a joke - to put us down.

Still, I seem to remember him doing much the same two years ago so it was probably a good omen. When Ogden says it's all over for us, we're about to win it.
The same is true of Mr Hugh McIlvanney the Sunday Times 'voice of sport'.
He has come in for criticism in this morning's sport letter section of the Sunday Times for some recent articles of his concerning City.
On 16th March he wrote an article labelling us as the 'most spectacular under-achievers in the history of the Premier League'.
Then on 20th April in a piece entitled 'City's wealth of woes' he cited our slim chances of winning the Premier League as 'another example of under-achievement to add to a long and miserable sequence'.
On the morning of 11th May, the final day of Premiership matches , he then penned an article stating that our 'Late title push had plenty of help' and 'City look set to snatch silverware today - all thanks to the inconsistencies of their immediate rivals'.
At 5pm that same day City had won the Premier League to add to the Capitol One Cup and their title victory of 2012 and FA Cup win of 2011- four domestic trophies in four seasons, greater than any other team ( not to mention FA Cup finalists of 2013 and League runners up in 2013 and Champions League qualification for four consecutive years).
Enough said Hugh.

Whilst I am loathe to suggest agendas, as I rarely think there are any, just lazy journalists who've spent years cultivating their contacts who then find it difficult to change from what they know to something new. The natural reaction to change is to fight it. That being said, the following does make you wonder about the motives of one or two usual suspects. McIlvaney and Lawton in particular.

In order to make The Official United Opus the definitive publication on the club, we engaged the services of some of the finest British sportswriters. Together they contributed over 400,000 words and conducted well over 50 exclusive interviews with managers coaches and players, past and present, the unsung heroes who work behind the scenes at Old Trafford and United's legion of fans from Salford to Shanghai.

The legendary Hugh McIlvanney launches the Opus with 'Heart and Soul', his personal view of what makes United such a unique football club. Award-winning Independent writer James Lawton recalls United's golden era post-World War II; the numbing tragedy of Munich, the magic of United's own Holy Trinity and the European Cup triumph of 1968. The Daily Telegraph's acclaimed columnist Jim White sums up the qualities of our choice of the best 50 players ever to grace Old Trafford, cites the cultural significance of United to the city of Manchester; and charts the club's birth and the struggles of its formative years.

Jonathan Northcroft, football correspondent for The Sunday Times, completes our core writing team, with his take on the Ferguson era, including the remarkable Treble season. Former Sports Journalist Of the Year Patrick Barclay interviews Sir Alex Ferguson giving an incredible insight into the character of the club's most successful manager.

Lancet Fluke said:
Damocles said:
Ogden is everything that's wrong with journalism.

From his writings, he comes across as a bitter ****. If you hear him speak normally, he comes across as a well informed football commentator.
You get the feeling that he only writes have the shit he does because it generates hits and interest rather than it being his true opinion.

With the M.E.N going this way in recent years too, we really are stuck now for football news that isn't either offensively cherrypicked nonsense or outrageous pandering

I had never heard him speak until very recently and I was shocked at how inarticulate he was. He was muttering like paul scholes and came across as being slightly brain damaged.

ha ha!

I was just thinking the same thing about him looking like Scholes, fucking ginger nut fuck face :)

Brain damaged is the icing on my mental cake :)

The fundamental journalistic difference between Mcllvanney and Lawton is that the former has a writing style which can be, at times, truly beautiful, whereas Lawton's is dreary, laboured and self-indulgent. I expect that is why he is now trying to carve out a living at a regional newspaper.

Ogden is a cockroach whose standard of writing belongs at the Express or the Mirror. If ever a man had been promoted beyond his capabilities, Mark Ogden was that man.

Damocles said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
Sky Blue said:
I've heard Jackson on talkshite and he speaks about Us with utter contempt....

Dom McGuiness is another biased red twat on there who also likes to shit stir at Pellegrini's press conferences...gets fuck all out of Manuel though...
I agree; heard Jackson a few times and he's a typical rag ****. On the subject of biased journos, anyone know how Tony "bitter Scouse twat" Evans is after the recent events?

Jamie Jackson is an excellent journo. Some of his City stuff is enthusiastic, well written and captures the moment really well.
Not when I've heard him on Talksport; you give him too much credit

stony said:
robinhood CITY said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Probably cause he is from Heywood

How old is he and where did he go to school/live ?
Definitely from Heywood not sure how old he is .Have heard his parents owned the bungalow shop on Argyle Street

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.