Marquinhos

adrianr said:
Mr. Aguia said:
When the talk is we're in for Pepe at 20m I'd much rather prefer using that money on Marquinhos. Pepe didn't have a great season last year and is 30 years old. How many years does he have left? I'd rather take a risk on a young talented up and comer than take a risk on a 30 year old.

The opposite. We have a talented up and comer in Nastasic, who was one of the best centre halves in the entire league last year (statistically speaking). Pepe would be a much better buy for us than Marquinhos at this moment in time.
I'd much rather have marquinhos than pepe, he can cover us across the hole back 4 if needed and pepe s a ****.

Why would we sign Pepe? He is on his way down. Literally, I witnessed it last season. He was a beast 2 years ago and then he had a few injuries and now he is not even a quarter of the player he was. Varane displaced him from the starting line up and Ramos who is essentially a right back.

On top of that we have to pay a huge transfer fee for him when he is no longer good and high wages. Not to mention the word fair-play is not in his dictionary.

Roma slap £23million price tag on Manchester City target

By talkSPORT | Thursday, July 11, 2013
1 1 1

Roma have named their price for Manchester City target Marquinhos - and have already lined up his replacement.

City are in the market for a new centre back and have been linked with a move for the precocious 19-year-old.
But they face competition from both PSG and Barcelona who have also targeted the Brazilian, who arrived in Rome from Corinthians last summer.
The Serie A side paid just £3.9m for him and now AS have claimed that Roma have slapped a £23m price tag on him just 12 months later.
That fee, however, should not put off the trio of clubs, who could now make their move.
And Roma think a summer departure is so likely that they are ready to usurp Tottenham in the race to land teenage Croatian defender Tin Jedvaj.
The Italian side are understood to have agreed a £4.3m deal to sign him from Dinamo Zagreb.

From the sounds of that, the player is likely going to move as a replacement for him has already been lined up.

macmanson said:
Roma slap £23million price tag on Manchester City target

By talkSPORT | Thursday, July 11, 2013
1 1 1

Roma have named their price for Manchester City target Marquinhos - and have already lined up his replacement.

City are in the market for a new centre back and have been linked with a move for the precocious 19-year-old.
But they face competition from both PSG and Barcelona who have also targeted the Brazilian, who arrived in Rome from Corinthians last summer.
The Serie A side paid just £3.9m for him and now AS have claimed that Roma have slapped a £23m price tag on him just 12 months later.
That fee, however, should not put off the trio of clubs, who could now make their move.
And Roma think a summer departure is so likely that they are ready to usurp Tottenham in the race to land teenage Croatian defender Tin Jedvaj.
The Italian side are understood to have agreed a £4.3m deal to sign him from Dinamo Zagreb.

From the sounds of that, the player is likely going to move as a replacement for him has already been lined up.

They signed Benatia already too who's a CB.

A player like Marquinhos doesn't leave his team to be cover for another.

You want cover, get Pepe.

IMO Marquinhos is Barca bound.

Same age as Nastasic. Is he any better? And don't just say yes because he doesn't play for us and will spend a load of money on him, doesn't mean he is better.

Mayor West said:
Same age as Nastasic. Is he any better? And don't just say yes because he doesn't play for us and will spend a load of money on him, doesn't mean he is better.

From what I've heard from others and the little I've seen myself he seems to be of a similar standard. Plays with maturity and has good technique.

Mayor West said:
I honestly believe he is.

Mayor West said:

A scouting video highlighting his strengths. Videos nicely done in that it highlights his position on the field before each play begins.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmyVx0-66o[/youtube]

He looks to be very quick and aggressive while maintaining great technique.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.