Marquinhos

pudge said:
taconinja said:
pudge said:
You said we had signed him.

-- Jun 7th, '13, 16:20 --

If that's a hint at his "ball playing" abilities, it's as badly exaggerated as Joe's kicking imo.
Er... no. I'm saying that I think the manager will make an evaluation of the personnel available to him and start the ones he feels most comfortable as it pertains to his tactical setup. If that's not Lescott, I think he will seek a move to improve his national team chances, and we'll need to sign more CB depth. If Lescott does fit into that or is willing to be a non-starting squad player (not taking into account injuries and/or rotation) then I imagine he'll stay.
Sorry, thought it was the infamous apparent Lescott weakness; shit's himself on the ball.

Clean slate really, applies to everyone, a chance to show if they can adapt to a new style of play
I think that's the case too. If anything is a weakness, I think he can position himself poorly against counters on occasion. Is he as comfortable going forward as Kompany or Nastasic? No, not in my opinion, but he's still a top CB.

Also I'm not really too familiar with how Pellegrini sets up his CBs, so I can't say what he'll look for with certainty.

FrancoisToure said:
pudge said:
FrancoisToure said:
Are you going to answer my question?
lol you make a false assumption and try to deflect from it.

To humor you, if the scarce amount of stories are true and he does sign, he'll be Kolo's replacement.

Now, please stop with your wishful thinking.

Are you going to answer my question? Do you or do you not think we will sign him? Your suggestion that we would sign a LCB to replace a RCB is odd.
Whatever foot you play with is not dependent on your position, even at CB. Kolo and Vinny have played alongside each other.

And I don't think there is enough evidence to suggest either way if we will sign him. Indicated by me saying the "scarce amount of stories".

Well if we do sign Novaretti and keep Lescott instead of going for Marquinhos, then that would be a brutal CB pairing whenever we felt like setting up that way. Very little joy for guys like Andy Carroll.

pudge said:
FrancoisToure said:
pudge said:
lol you make a false assumption and try to deflect from it.

To humor you, if the scarce amount of stories are true and he does sign, he'll be Kolo's replacement.

Now, please stop with your wishful thinking.

Are you going to answer my question? Do you or do you not think we will sign him? Your suggestion that we would sign a LCB to replace a RCB is odd.
Whatever foot you play with is not dependent on your position, even at CB. Kolo and Vinny have played alongside each other.

And I don't think there is enough evidence to suggest either way if we will sign him. Indicated by me saying the "scarce amount of stories".

Thank you. Fair enough then. If you don't think we are signing him then I think it is reasonable to assume Lescott is staying.

not sure marquinhos is still viable and to go wit the offtopic of this thread i just dont see how lescott can stay if he wants to be in the WC, just dont see where he could get the proper playing time with us next year barring a major injury to one of our other CBs.

It is more than likely that Marquinhos will go to Barcelona or stay at Roma. The speculation linking him to City started off when Mancini watched a Roma match and commented on Marquinhos later on. Since then I don't think we have any interest. With Nastasic and Kompany I can see why...

If there was a choice between Marquinhos or Lamela, I would pick Lamela.

CityForever45 said:
I think it's very unlikely that Roma will sell both Marquinos and Lamela in the same window.

Hasn't their owner said all players are for sale at a price? Lamela and marquinos are 2 wonderful players for now AND the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.