Marseille (a) post match thread

Interesting to see the back 3 when we attack, Laporte-Dias-Walker with Rodri in front of them.

Zinchenko brings good control, even though he is suspect defensively. Could improve on his creation, he had chances to play somebody through but didn't, although many of our players I think had these chances and were kind of scared to do it.

Foden my MotM, energy, creating chances, possession he did everything.

Gundogan played further forward, this was NOT a midfield 2, instead Zinchenko helped Rodri more (and Walker). He is turning into an important player for goals apparentlly, nice to see.

Mahrez pass = Mahrez good, simple as that. Well he could run more too, but that's just not in him.

Was a comfortable win against a terrible Marseille side.

I thought the central defence looked extremely solid with Dias excellent.

Full backs. - Walker decent enough. Zinchenko rusty as hell.

Rodri and Gundogan ridiculously negative. They keep possession, which has its merits but they never go anywhere with the ball. What makes it more frustrating is that in the 87th minute, Rodri pings a perfect 50 yard ball over the top to Mahrez, if you have that in your locker, fucking use it.

Foden and KDB both good. There’s so much pressure on those two to deliver because of Rodri and Gundogans lack of positivity in their play. We used to have 5 or 6 players playing every week who could create something, now we rely far too much on KDB and Foden.

Sterling and Torres both decent enough without ever reaching top gear.

Overall a professional CL performance but that midfield two will never be top class.

A much improved performance, with everyone looking solid tonight. Dias in particular is shaping up to be an excellent purchase.

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction for the team with some of our key players starting to return from injury.

The biggest issue for us recently has been consistancy - have to bring this level to Sheffield on the weekend and keep the momentum going.

Haha 10 pages after a win, this place is real special!

Good win when we need it, Torres looks good and nice to see our two main defenders together!

Really good performance. Glad Kev hopefully came though that unscathed as they kicked the shit out of him. That third goal was the real city we’ve been waiting for, hopefully that gives us the momentum to kick on.

Two main things for me were the partnership of Laporte and Dias will be immense and Sterling on the right completely changes the options we have in how we attack and makes us so much better.

We’re getting there.

Great performance, I dipped into the match forum, hell there are some nervous nellies in there. It was excellent game management by the players, dont allow them to do what Leicester did and make sure you control the game.
Apart from the one that Eddie let hit his hand and it went for a corner, we snuffed out any threat from them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.