Marseille (a) post match thread

Brian Kerr on Irish TV saying that we didn't play particularly well.
He must be dreading a good performance from us then. I expect most of the journos on tomorrows pods will either say they didn't watch us because we are boring, or they were totally gripped with the exciting game at Anfield, where injury plagued Liverpool got a courageous win.

It's not necessarily the pressing but just the general speed of play. I thought second half was much more like the first half of Porto and West Ham.

I'm not sure what you wanted? We were 100% in control of the game. We're in a massive fixture pile-up, just keep the ball and knock it around when you're winning, there's no point in just forcing attack after attack and throwing people forward, playing risky passes and running yourself into the ground.

As soon as Porto decided they wanted to play, we ran circles around them and tied up the result.

Can't really compare it to West Ham when we were drawing or losing.

The quality of our press is always directly proportional to stability in defence.

We‘re still not back to our creative selves, but we were so stable tonight. Rodri‘s best game for us.

Nice to see proper wingers too.

Zinchenko goes back to looking decent with Laporte.

Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City – Highlights​

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.