Marseille (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

I thought his team selection and lack of subs was completely the right thing to do. We’ve got a few players individually out of form, a few that are still new to the team and a few coming back from injury.

Add in very limited training time and preseason, I thought it was absolutely right to get minutes and playing time together in a game with no pressure for a lot of those players, whether to bed them in further, get match fit or play more into form.

Everyone out on the pitch tonight could have a defining impact on our season when they are called upon. It was absolutely right to prioritise those.
I think most trust Pep to do the right thing, he's not adverse to admitting being wrong, he's human, it's why he's one of the best.

This isn't their first time on the bench.

If it was then sure, first time on the bench for City's first team is exciting, but they've done that before.

Their mind set was obviously to get minutes, they expected it, Pep even mentioned the youth players in the conference.

They expected it?

How do you know this? Are you Palmer's mam?

United are gonna park the bus and play a narrow 5atb formation. Need Foden on the left and Torres on the right to stretch them out, otherwise it will be incredibly narrow. Both of them can whip in crosses with De Bruyne and Gundogan arraving in the box. I would like Dinho over Rodri at DM, we need his energy, pace and tactical fouling in the middle. Dias is an obvious starter, and Stones deserves to start next to him

Rodri is a certainty and whipping in crosses to who? It's going to be attack vs defence with the result being how clinical they are at counter vs our ability to break them down. So pretty much like most games we play

Doyle to Palmer “ just think when they retire in 5 years we get a start in a CL game”

“ really?”

“ well if we have already qualified obviously”

“ I worked that one out myself”

Talking to yourself is never a good sign.

Inventing conversations in your head isn't either.

If Pep wasn't going to give any of the kids a game I don't see the point of them being on the bench.
Especially when the EDS was playing Tranmere the night before in a competition you can play at Wembley if you get to the final.

They expected it?

How do you know this? Are you Palmer's mam?
Yes, expectations, it's that thing some people have who aspire to be greater.

Is it really that shocking? It's not difficult to understand the mentality of the youth these days.

Job done.

A very competent, solid performance.

We looked strong at the back and dangerous going forward. Well as much as we could, given that Marseille put ten or 11 behind the ball.

Fantastic to see Sergio back and even better to see him score his 257th goal for City; that’s now 80 more than Eric Brook.

Some very good individual performances tonight, including Silva, Fernandinho, Stones and Gündoğan, but I thought Walker was MotM; where’s the poll, @jimharri?
Sorry fella, completely forgot to unlock it. Someone's done the honours now, though.

Rodri is a certainty and whipping in crossed to who? It's going to be attack vs defence with the result being how clinical they are at counter vs our ability to break them down. So pretty much like most games we play
Low hard crosses to Jesus, the other winger, De Bruyne and Gundogan, instead of just cutting inside and losing the ball. We have been much better without inverted wingers against 5atb teams that park the bus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.