Marseille (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Low hard crosses to Jesus, the other winger, De Bruyne and Gundogan, instead of just cutting inside and losing the ball. We have been much better without inverted wingers against 5atb teams that park the bus

We shall see need to win that game so fingers crossed

won at a canter.

Stones looked very composed....
Foden gives us so much energy - ok some of the things he does dont come off but the energy and drive we get from him is vital
Ferna showing that he stillcan play that midfield role despite some of the doubters.

Great first goal from torres

3rd was lucky but nice and sharp by sterling.

2nd goal - what a leap by Ake.....reminded me of Micah Richards fist every goal inthe FA cup vs Villa (although Richers scored and Ake didnt) - sergio sharper than anyone in the box as usual. - he also looked a lot mroe mobile than he usualy does after he returns from an injury.

Was jesus completely rested tonight?

Shame the young lads didnt get a go but Im guessing Pep is trying to install some rhythm into the first team as much as possible....

Another clean sheet, a good run out for Laporte & Ake, Sergio back on the scoresheet & looking sharper than when he returned earlier in the season & Raheem scoring again. Great night all in. Hoping we put United in their fucking box Saturday & put some pressure on the top 3 when they play after us.

Good win that. Starting line up BCFC in my opinion.

Also a big shout to Bernardo tonight, a huge shift there in the middle, I felt he put the hard miles in with none of the plaudits. It's effort like that that makes Peps teams tick. Great game!

I was going to post exactly the same regarding Bernardo. He is doing all the donkey work at present and spent all night covering for Mahrez. Because he's not scoring every week or playing Hollywood balls, he has become a target for the moaners. Gundo, Rodri and Fernandinho are great players in their own way, but none of them are particularly mobile. Bernardo has therefore had to do a lot of the dirty work. We know he has quality on the ball, but he is doing an important job for the squad. He comes in and works just as hard in dead rubbers as he does in top of the table clashes. He will come good in the final third, he is too good a player for it not to, especially when he is putting that amount of effort into his game.

I would very much liked to have been in CBL3 for this game, although they'd have shunted me off to EL3.

Two CL games and two wins! Not a bad day's work!
That makes two of us, even if it was freezing and pissing down.

Here’s a picture from when I was last sat in CBL3 (it was bone-chilling that night, as well).

What a finish to the day that was.

Extra points for those that can name the match.

933-A0191-119-B-410-C-B688-926-DC1157408.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.