Marseille (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

It was a perfect opportunity to play the kids,if not from the start,at least for half hour.Im not looking for problems,im stating fact.
Youll probably be one of the first to complain when these kids stagnate/fuck off elsewhere.
I just think that they should be loaned out to championship clubs that try and play football.

It was a perfect opportunity to play the likes of Laporte, Ake, Dinho, Bernardo, Foden, Torres full 90 minutes and also give minutes to Raz and Kun. First team comes first. You can't play the kids at the expense of senior players when the latter are fit and need to play to be ready to help the first team. Why sub Bernardo or Torres or Dinho to play Palmer or Doyle or Bernabe when the former want to play and need to play?

So what would have been the downside in taking Fernandinho off after 80 minutes and bringing Doyle on for example?

Good result and decent performance in 2nd half. Fern motm for me. Ake looked a little rusty but thats only to be expected. John looked very good again when he came on and Kun looked very happy to be back and great strikers goal. Shame Palmer and Doyle didnt get a sniff but I suspect that Pep was 'doing the right thing' for Olympiakos. That and trying to give Kun a run, Fern a full 90, and try and play Bernardo into something approaching form (that didn't work). How many clean sheets in a row is that? Another one on Saturday pretty please.

Had the game on whilst doing some work so only had one eye on it but some of the passing and movement was reminiscent of City of old. Some neat triangles and runners into the box.

I'm fully on board the John Stones hype train. Loved it when he spun around in our box and strode into midfield like a boss. The sliding block he made in the second half and then also the covering he did when Laporte and Ake both got sucked into the same ball. He is some player when fit and firing.

very good performance considering the amount of changes. It could have easily turned into a train session with the intensity dragged out of it. Stones was superb when he came on, was really impressed with Ake too. Looked solid at the back and going forward, you can’t say that about Mendy. Plus he’s the only City player we have who is actually a threat on corners.

There’s much more to picking a team in the CL than giving kids a chance. Namely stuff like this. That’s a huge amount of money during a pandemic. Personally I think it’s of greater worth to bag nearly €3m for a nights work.

View attachment 6480
Dippers lost a bit of dosh by drawing, whereas the rags lost shit loads

Absolutely happy with the way Pep managed last night apart from not seeing Doyle for 25 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.