Marseille (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

So what would have been the downside in taking Fernandinho off after 80 minutes and bringing Doyle on for example?

Fernandinho has barely played this season and is captain. Why not play your captain a full game when you are going to need him? Any minute on the pitch counts when you have been out for many weeks. We are playing 2 games per week now and we need any of the senior players in as good form as possible. Fernandinho is one of the players we will rely on over the next few months. It's not like Pep doesn't want to play youngsters. The rules of professional football, especially at top top level, are different.

Youngsters Pep has played this season: THB, Doyle, Palmer, Delap, Bernabe, Nmecha. Plus U20 players like Foden, Garcia and Torres.

That's 9 very young players. 9!

Note the players Klopp subbed in yesterday: Robertson, Henderson, Mane, Firmino...Why? Because results (in the CL) matter and mean money.

It was a perfect opportunity to play the kids,if not from the start,at least for half hour.Im not looking for problems,im stating fact.
Youll probably be one of the first to complain when these kids stagnate/fuck off elsewhere.
All this problematic not playing kids in dead rubbers doesn't worry me one bit, Pep knows what he's doing, he knows more than you or me about managing a football club. He's the boss and we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, perhaps they are not doing enough to be given an opportunity you don't know and neither do I.
Let's let Pep manage the team and as long as he keeps winning let's not moan about things.

He's been used midweek only because Southgate played him midweek, I've said this a number of times now, he shouldn't be playing every 3 or 4 days at 20.

He wasn't good tonight though, maybe he's trying too hard, maybe he he just wasn't good tonight ?

I doubt he'll play on Saturday after tonight.
I think you hit the nail on the ehad with the "he's trying to hard bit." I thought exactly the same during the game..he was trying to force things a bit too much

All this problematic not playing kids in dead rubbers doesn't worry me one bit, Pep knows what he's doing, he knows more than you or me about managing a football club. He's the boss and we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, perhaps they are not doing enough to be given an opportunity you don't know and neither do I.
Let's let Pep manage the team and as long as he keeps winning let's not moan about things.
We have the best bunch of kids we've ever had,I won't apologise for wanting to see them get an outing in a game ghat was perfect to do so,regardless of how wonderful Pep is.....

So what would have been the downside in taking Fernandinho off after 80 minutes and bringing Doyle on for example?
None whatsoever,or even not playing Mahrez or Gundogan or bringing Sterling on instead....it risked injury and made no sense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.