Marseille (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

How good is Ferran Torres?

I am really impressed with him, the lad looks absolute quality. I can't believe the fee we paid for him. He will end up being as much of a bargain as Aguero was! It amazes me that this lad was playing right under the noses of Real, Barcelona and Athletico and we got him for pennies. Absolute top class signing and personally, I think he has more potential than Sane. He's got great feel, vision, control and most importantly goals.

Not a classic game, great to see Aguero back, great to see Ake and Stones putting in a good show and of course, Fernandinho.

Another clean sheet - this is becoming a regular thing now. Titles and trophies are won on clean sheets and after a poor start, we are starting to show a bit of momentum now. I do have a weird feeling that we won't win the PL this year, but we might win the CL.

Bring on united!

I’d like to see Torres start on Saturday,the game was for large parts no great shakes but this lad gets the ball and more than often is direct with his play,has an eye for goal as well,the game was a dead rubber but nice to see aguero get some mins and a goal as well,thought Fernandinho played well cutting out a lot of passes in their half,on to Saturday and I just want a win regardless..

Not the most enthralling of games, but an easy win and another clean sheet.

Stones excellent again, fantastic distribution and defensively solid, keep up the good work John. Highlight of the evening, Serge on the scoresheet again.

Decent enough under the circumstances.

Stones and Laporte look solid together and I suspect choosing which one of them to play against the rags is going to be a tough decision. I doubt Foden, Bernardo or Torres did enough to really stake a claim, though the latter was the better of the 3.

Ake and Walker were fine at FB without really doing much of note. Sterling continues to struggle unfortunately. Good for Aguero to get some minutes but for now Jesus is probably the better option to start.

Pretty dull affair, but job done and another win on the board with some key players rested. Hopefully we can continue with this consistency and put up a big performance at the weekend.

Don’t want to hear Pep moaning about 5 subs again though. So frustrating having to listen about the league ‘killing the players’, only for him to bring on two subs in a dead rubber fixture.

It was a terrible advert for the academy this evening and very disappointed Doyle/Palmer didn’t even get a look in.
Glass half full or half empty?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.