Martín Zubimendi

It would be great if City could persuade him to come but would he sit on the bench after Rodri comes back, that's the million dollar question.
But Rodri complained about too many games to the point of considering going on Streik. He surely cannot complain about a new colleague to share the workload. Let them rotate.

But Rodri complained about too many games to the point of considering going on Streik. He surely cannot complain about a new colleague to share the workload. Let them rotate.

I don't think Rodri will be DM right away when he comes back.

From Pep's own words.. ACL takes a long time to heal and there are follow up injuries.. sounds like he might fit in at Center Half where he's played before for a while to get into the flow and ease him back in.

In 2 seasons Rodri will be 30.. so we need a long term DM.

Thing is I think we have him in Perrone.. but we seem to be on the lookout for someone who's 6' 4" and can play DM like Rodri. Those type of players don't come around too often.

Can you imagine the abuse he’d get if he came to us on a free though?

The amount of boiled piss would almost offset him being a complete dick.

Almost.

Yes I'd forgive him his crap this means more shite and his finger on the lips celebration if he came here. That would only be because it would drive the scousers nuts though. He would never do it though.

Hopefully this gets done asap in January. At 60 million he's a steal unless the club think they have identified and can bring in somebody better.

If there's any chance he joins in January then get it done Txiki... to those concerned with him being backup, does he really have to be? We all know Rodri has the skillset to play further forward so both could play at times.

We'd better get a song in the works just in case, here's my piss poor attempt in blue already.
In brackets are alternate lyrics for next season if all goes well.

Martin Zubimendi, where are you... You've got to help with Rodri.

Martin Zubimendi, where are you... the dippers thought they signed you.

Martin Zubimendi, I see you...
Right next to Bernie Silva.
(/Sitting deep you and Rodri)
(/Sitting deep you and <insert name>)
All our rivals now are sat in tears... they can see you cover Rodri
(/They can see you're next to Rodri).

Martin Zubimendi, we'll love you... If you'll only help our 5 peat.
(/Martin Zubimendi, we love you... You helped us win a 5 peat)

------------------------------------------------------

Now that horror song is out of the way...

Zubimendi could be a fantastic signing not only short term but a long-term fix in case of injuries too, not only would he fill in for Rodri but when Rodri is back he can return and play further forward at times.

It doesn't have to be one or the other every time as we all know Rodri can do anything a box to box midfielder can, there can and will be games where we have both (if Zubimendi joins) players in the starting XI as Rodri can operate box to box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.