Martin Ødegaard

Confirmed, apparently.

Source: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30927958" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30927958</a>

Martin Odegaard: Real Madrid agree deal for Norwegian prodigy

Real Madrid have reached an agreement to sign 16-year-old Norwegian forward Martin Odegaard from Stromsgodset.

Odegaard will be presented to the media at a news conference on Thursday, the club said.

Real did not disclose the details of the financial terms but Spanish media reported that they had paid around 3m euros.

Odegaard made his debut for Norway as a 15-year-old in August and had been linked with many of Europe's top clubs.

He is expected to begin his career in the Real Madrid B team, which is coached by France legend Zinedine Zidane and competes in the third tier of Spanish football.

Odegaard came to prominence last year when he became the youngest player to appear and score in the Norwegian Premier League.

He scored five goals and contributed seven assists in 23 appearances for Stromsgodset.

The teenager is left-footed and has drawn comparisons to Barcelona's Lionel Messi for his style of play.

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has previously described him as "a kid with talent and personality".

Idontpullout said:
LongsightM13 said:
g180aj said:
He is supposed to be pep's golden boy, kind of like Thiago when he was at Barca.
And they sold him.
This Nigerian kid Kelechi Iheanacho is THE most coveted young player in global football. And he's ours.
Problem is his family all want paying, and paying NOW.
And if he isn't a first choice at 19 they'll be agitating for a move.
One hesitates to damn an entire nationality with a particular vice, but the corrupt Nigerian gangster pimps surrounding Kelechi make Yaya's agent seem reasonable. Scumbags
Sorry mate, whats this about kelechi?
Im out of the loop. Last I heard was he said he was in talks with galatasaray out his twitter page. But im not even sure if that really is his page or just some random.
Same

You win some you lose some when it comes to youngsters. And you're not even sure they will develop by expectations. With Real or Barcelona I always feel they do the business just to have bragging rights to eachother. Won't lose any sleep over this one at all. Odegaard can become another Messi (another one for that matter), or turn out to be another Freddy Adu.

thesilvalining said:
I seen that he could get around 80k a week already

That's the same as Isco is reported to get. I think giving a 16 year old a wage like that will only cause problems.

He turned 16 last month and is being paid £4.2m a year to play football at the biggest club in world football.

Imagine earning enough money to retire by 17.

I thought you couldn't sign youngsters from another country till they're 18? wasn't there some rule like that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.