Martin Ødegaard

Idontpullout said:
LongsightM13 said:
g180aj said:
He is supposed to be pep's golden boy, kind of like Thiago when he was at Barca.
And they sold him.
This Nigerian kid Kelechi Iheanacho is THE most coveted young player in global football. And he's ours.
Problem is his family all want paying, and paying NOW.
And if he isn't a first choice at 19 they'll be agitating for a move.
One hesitates to damn an entire nationality with a particular vice, but the corrupt Nigerian gangster pimps surrounding Kelechi make Yaya's agent seem reasonable. Scumbags
Sorry mate, whats this about kelechi?
Im out of the loop. Last I heard was he said he was in talks with galatasaray out his twitter page. But im not even sure if that really is his page or just some random.
He's signed with us, there was a picture somewhere of him at the CFA with a medical boot on his leg. He's out until mid March.

ColinLee said:
super_city_si said:
I thought you couldn't sign youngsters from another country till they're 18? wasn't there some rule like that?
I think that's just Africa.
I stand corrected:

Fifa rules state international transfers are only permitted for players over the age of 18 - unless the player in question meets one of three qualifying criteria.
Under-18s can move to a club in a different country if their parents move there for non-footballing reasons, if they are from another nation within the European Union or European Economic Area and aged between 16 and 18, or if they live within 100km of the club.

Martin Odegaard has become a problem for Zinedine Zidane. The Norwegian still doesn’t fit in at Castilla and Real Madrid’s reserve side seem like a different team (i.e. better) without him. He returned to Zidane’s starting XI after being left out for two matches (and both ended in a win for Castilla) but he was substituted in the 65th minute, with Tudelano leading 1-0. When the substitution took place there were some isolated whistles and from the bench Odegaard witnessed Burgui grab the equaliser ten minutes later.

Problem Zidane/Ancelotti don't understand is, that he is not a number10 but a number7.
Bring him in this summer, and use him as a No7, if Ancelotti comes in as a new manager.
Young and cheap, and a player for many many years to come.

I will guarantee you that Deila will be in, and trying to lure him to Glasgow. He already have mentioned something about this, if things don't work out in Madrid.

Had his La Liga début for Real Madrid tonight. Played last half-hour and had a decent match. Must have been pretty exciting for a 16 year old kid.

DruntBlunt said:
Had his La Liga début for Real Madrid tonight. Played last half-hour and had a decent match. Must have been pretty exciting for a 16 year old kid.

Yeah I thought he was ok. Looked a bit scared for much of his game time but did have some good touches on the ball.

He was brought on as a PR move, far earlier than he should have. By all accounts he's been out of his depth in the B team, but if you have the Galactico of children then you have to at least try and pretend it's going well (if you're Real Madrid)

Well he did ok. Nothing more but the lad is only 16. Come back when he is 20.

Yes and we are back. He is now 20 and what a match he played yesterday against Barca. He was outstanding. What a player we lost out on. By the way his idol is Silva. That’s why he wear #21 at Sociedad. Won’t be suprised if Los Blancos bring him back in January. Well done Florentino.

Yes and we are back. He is now 20 and what a match he played yesterday against Barca. He was outstanding. What a player we lost out on. By the way his idol is Silva. That’s why he wear #21 at Sociedad. Won’t be suprised if Los Blancos bring him back in January. Well done Florentino.
They had a smart transfer strategy, they realized the market was going to get crazy so they decided to simply tap up players when they are younger:

Odegaard, Vincius, Rodrigo, Brahim then they bought players who had explosive seasons at their club in Jovic and Mendy. Florentino is a very smart man.

We didn't 'lose out' on him as you put it, he was hawked around like a piece of meat by his parents and his agents. RM just stumped up more than anyone else was willing to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.