Martin Demichelis confirmed

Vienna_70 said:
Anthony Kun said:
Kolo was on circa 120k a week. Demichelis is on 18k a week!!

Bloody bargain if you ask me... He'll pay for himself in this season alone.

I can't believe that.

No professional footballer of Demichelis' pedigree and experience would settle for that, when you consider what some of his new team-mates are on.

Plus performance related bonuses...

Deal of the year?

Anthony Kun said:
Kolo was on circa 120k a week. Demichelis is on 18k a week!!

Bloody bargain if you ask me... He'll pay for himself in this season alone.

Edit/ welcome Martin!

If City had of only offered me £18k basic , which DOES seem hard to believe , i'd have told em' to get fucked !

I think Gertrude Twaddlebottom , the tea lady at Carrington , gets more than that ...

Anthony Kun said:
Demichelis is on 18k a week!!

300px-Webcomic_xkcd_-_Wikipedian_protester.png

Not seen him play, but we clearly needed more depth at the position. Got the pedigree of quality centre half, so glad the back line has been strengthend.

Limmer said:
Watching that video has made me think we could have a real gem on our hands here. Obviously not a long term solution, but a good solid, skillful defender, who it appears is comfortable on both left and right hand sides of centre half. This in itself is just what we need as backup to both Vinny and Nasty should either be out injured.

OK I would have preferred Pepe, but all things considered I think this is the ideal signing as we need experience, not potential at this stage for this position and I can't think of anyone else who might have fitted the bill. Van Buyten perhaps, but I am happy enough.

Might be this era's Andy Morrison if you know what I mean.
Surely not another andy morrison !

FantasyIreland said:
AustinBlue said:
I like the signing.. just wondering if we needed him, why we didn't just extend a deal for Kolo.

Because he was a liability.

He played well whenever called upon last season.

It's funny, but everything you post is so easy to disagree with

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.