Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demichelis out - six weeks

great, thanks international break. now we'll have another full week of panic before stoke.

sigh.

stoke doesn't worry me, nor do the Rags who I think we'll do well over. It's away in the Czech Republic where this is going to hurt us the most. WE HAVE TO TAKE AT LEAST A POINT FROM THAT GAME, and preferably win.

We won't do that with Lescott starting.

To be safe of qualifying, we need 11 points.

Home/Away wins over Czechs: 6 points
Home win / Away draw CSKA: 4 points
Home Draw / Away Loss Bayern: 1 point

11 points. If we don't take all 3 away from the Czech Republic we are in immediate trouble, meaning we'll have to either beat CSKA away (not easy) or beat Bayern.

Skashion said:
welsh_andy said:
bollocks and total bollocks, least nasty be back.

dunno which is more scary, the thought of garcia or yaya at cb, stuff of knightmares i tell you
Last time Yaya played centre-back against the rags he did quite well.

though his performance this yr doesnt fill me with the utmost confidence i tell ye

come on who else could be made into a centerback other than Javi Garcia

Zabaleta Rodwell Pantilimon Yaya Toure Richards Clichy Javi Garcia

I would like to see 3 at the back Richards Lescott Nastasic with wing backs
Clichy and Zabaleta

Why are we not rying rodwell at CB - in his younger days it was said it we be his position and a regular starter for England etc.

He's got to be worth a try - 6ft1 and reasonably quick and can tackle. Only lack of experience in that position goes against hime but garcia hasn't exactly played there regularily

Chippy_boy said:
You have to think we really fucked up not taking our centre half predicament more seriously in the transfer window. It's been clear for ages we only have 1 really first rate defender in Vincent and that he is prone to injury, leaving us terribly exposed. This has been a glaring issue for ages. No disrespect to Nasty, but he is work in progress and far from the finished article. Neither him nor Lescott can lead a back line without Kompany. Enough said about Garcia.

Instead of stepping up to the plate early on and spending proper money on someone top quality, we dicked around until Demichelis was all we could get at the last moment. And now it's bitten us in the arse :-(

Bloody hell ! At last someone talking some sense. But I thought you were one of those calling me 'rag' etc for saying this stuff?

It's really insane that we're so impacted by injury right now that our HOPES are to be able to leverage Jack Rodwell or Micah Richards...two of the (historically) most injury prone players in the league.

I think it's slightly unfair to blame the management. We definitely needed CB cover, they did go out and get Demichelis, his injury is just horrific luck. Given that it was unlikely anyone was going to take Lescott off our hands, we weren't likely to be able to make him 5th choice by bringing in two.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Chippy_boy said:
You have to think we really fucked up not taking our centre half predicament more seriously in the transfer window. It's been clear for ages we only have 1 really first rate defender in Vincent and that he is prone to injury, leaving us terribly exposed. This has been a glaring issue for ages. No disrespect to Nasty, but he is work in progress and far from the finished article. Neither him nor Lescott can lead a back line without Kompany. Enough said about Garcia.

Instead of stepping up to the plate early on and spending proper money on someone top quality, we dicked around until Demichelis was all we could get at the last moment. And now it's bitten us in the arse :-(

Bloody hell ! At last someone talking some sense. But I thought you were one of those calling me 'rag' etc for saying this stuff?
I agree with this, we have 5 strikers for 2 positions but we let our CB not have a backup. CB is a much more critical position.

citytill1die84 said:
Kompany will be back for the derby I'm sure of it. Stoke is the 1 that's worrying me their hostile crowd won't do our defence any good and Stoke fans will know it. Even if we didn't have Kompany for the derby I'm still confident we'd beat the scum f&&kers.
Crikey 84 I didn't know the potters fans would be playing too!.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Chippy_boy said:

Not guilty. Must have been someone else mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.