Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demichelis out - six weeks

andrewmswift said:
great, thanks international break. now we'll have another full week of panic before stoke.

sigh.

stoke doesn't worry me, nor do the Rags who I think we'll do well over. It's away in the Czech Republic where this is going to hurt us the most. WE HAVE TO TAKE AT LEAST A POINT FROM THAT GAME, and preferably win.

We won't do that with Lescott starting.

To be safe of qualifying, we need 11 points.

Home/Away wins over Czechs: 6 points
Home win / Away draw CSKA: 4 points
Home Draw / Away Loss Bayern: 1 point

11 points. If we don't take all 3 away from the Czech Republic we are in immediate trouble, meaning we'll have to either beat CSKA away (not easy) or beat Bayern.

I think we have to aim high in the CL this year otherwise our performances will just suffer because we are going in too over confident again!

6 points from Viktoria Plzen is a must

4-6 points from CSKA is a must

With Bayern I reckon if we are in form we can beat them over one of the games, most likely at home, if we can take 3 points of them that would immense!

We have to aim high, even aiming to top the group!

If we want to win the CL the players have to go out and play as of they are willing to die for the club! That's the type of attitude that wins the European Cup!

Have been linked to Gallas this afternoon.

Don't think Samir would take kindly to him coming in. He might struggle to find a seat on the bus.

Why can't we give Boyata and Nasty a run together? can't be any worse than Lescott, and Boyata atleast has some pace, can pass the ball with confidence.
I'm sure once Micah is fit, he can shore up the defence if needed

Durham on Talksport just said Kompany out until October. Fuck.

mdj0520 said:
Durham on Talksport just said Kompany out until October. Fuck.

Also reported in The Guardian, looks like he will miss the derby. We should have probably gone all out for a third high-level defender in the summer window, since Kompany is regularly injured now.

I'd throw Boyata in, he can't be much worse than Garcia in that position.
It might be the making of the Man( he's hardly a Boy at this stage)
Some Men are born great, some Men achieve greatness, some Men have greatness
thrust upon them. Step up Deydryk Boyata.

It'll probably be Richards who gets the nod, he has the physical attributes and has done well a number of times stepping in at CB, but his performance against Norwich was disastrous... he just threw himself to the ground at one point as he likes to do, which led to one of those goals where they just ran through us. If Micah had a footballing brain and two functioning legs, he'd probably be one of the world's elite defenders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.