Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
bayern blade said:
Ray78 said:
bayern blade said:
He's a decent bloke and I'm pleased he seems to be settling ok but I am genuinely surprised how impressed you all are.
We used to crap ourselves every time he got the ball anywhere near our box.
Good luck to him.

He will do well for us as a stop gap and how you have described Demichelis is similar to how we rated Jerome Boateng.

Boateng was crap when he first arrived but he has improved greatly this season.

Nobody of the defenders looked very good at the time Demichelis played for Bayern - but that was mainly because of the tactics and system.

And Boateng - we had that before. He was a very young lad with injury and personal problems in a foreign country when he played for you. Difficulties to adapt to team, country, league, coach... Maybe he would have developed well here if he would have stayed and not gotten the chance with Bayern. Maybe he would not. But especially in the last year he made a real big step in his development and now is a very good defender who even offers something going forward.

blueinsa said:
The lad is a short term fix and he will do a decent enough job.
Got to agree . He looked sharper on Sunday against Spurs . Good back up centre back .

Maldeika said:
bayern blade said:
Ray78 said:
He will do well for us as a stop gap and how you have described Demichelis is similar to how we rated Jerome Boateng.

Boateng was crap when he first arrived but he has improved greatly this season.

Nobody of the defenders looked very good at the time Demichelis played for Bayern - but that was mainly because of the tactics and system.

And Boateng - we had that before. He was a very young lad with injury and personal problems in a foreign country when he played for you. Difficulties to adapt to team, country, league, coach... Maybe he would have developed well here if he would have stayed and not gotten the chance with Bayern. Maybe he would not. But especially in the last year he made a real big step in his development and now is a very good defender who even offers something going forward.

He had played a part in our FA Cup win in his only season at City and I am pleased he is doing well at Bayern Munich :).

baildon blue said:
blueinsa said:
The lad is a short term fix and he will do a decent enough job.
Got to agree . He looked sharper on Sunday against Spurs . Good back up centre back .

He reads the game well and has grown in confidence thankfully. Cannot wait for Vinnie's return though.

Wonder if he could do a job protecting the back four for us every now and then?

Could be a better option than Garcia?

He's not a world beater, but hes a good player to have, and for 2-3 Million, its not a bad piece of business, he's slow, but an excellent reader of the game, and has excellent distribution.

Good solid centre back, just needs to stop occasionally diving in, did it a couple of times against plzen and once against swansea which should have seen them equalise. Apart from that he's been great, seems to be a threat in the opposition box as well!

He's a decent stop gap, but by fuck he scares me at times when he's defending on the edge of the box. He was made to look a fool yesterday by De Guzman (sp?), who is no Messi, when he had that chance just before HT.

I like him. Puts himself on the line, and a step up from Kolo Toure

Will be interesting to see where he fits in when Kompany returns.

I can see him being the long term partner of Kompany, but in the short term maybe Lescott will play alongside Kompany as they have played a lot together already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.