Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ric said:
He had a couple of nervy moments in the first half, but did OK overall. He's been a useful signing, albeit a relatively short term one. It'll be interesting to see if Pellegrini opts for him or Nastasic as Kompany's first choice partner when everyone is fully fit.

On a separate note, I thought Lescott did well in the second half.
He'll drop to the bench when Kompany's fit, not because Lescott or Nastasic are better, but because the balance is better, right footers on the right, left footers on the left, and with our high full backs they need to be assured cover on their side.

Opposition
Result
Start
Start
Sub (min)
* = enforced substitution through injury

Newcastle (h)
W 4-0
Kompany*
Lescott
Garcia (71)

Cardiff (a)
L 3-2
Garcia
Lescott

Hull (h)
W 2-0
Nastasic
Lescott

Stoke (a)
D 0-0
Nastasic
Garcia

Man Utd (h)
W 4-1
Nastasic
Kompany

Aston Villa (a)
L 3-2
Nastasic
Kompany

Everton (h)
W 3-1
Lescott
Kompany*
Nastasic (34)

West Ham (a)
W 3-1
Nastasic
Garcia

Chelsea (a)
L 2-1
Nastasic
Demichelis

Norwich (h)
W 7-0
Nastasic
Demichelis

Sunderland (a)
L 1-0
Lescott
Demichelis

Tottenham (h)
W 6-0
Nastasic*
Demichelis
Lescott (45)

City manager Manuel Pellegrini has been unfortunate with injuries at centre-back, where he has used seven different partnerships in 12 Premier League games.

Only two of those pairings (Matija Nastasic with Vincent Kompany, and Nastasic with Demichelis) have started and finished more than one game together.

Savage says it all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25078947

Other than dozing off for a moment in the first half when running back to our goal, which almost let Spurs in, he was solid again. He's a bit like Kompany in that he likes stepping out to try and win the ball but obviously wouldn't keep Vinnie out of the side and I'd have Nastasic ahead of him too because he compliments Kompany better.

kenzie115 said:
Other than dozing off for a moment in the first half when running back to our goal, which almost let Spurs in, he was solid again. He's a bit like Kompany in that he likes stepping out to try and win the ball but obviously wouldn't keep Vinnie out of the side and I'd have Nastasic ahead of him too because he compliments Kompany better.
He compliments kompany better on the basis of what fifa?

Proelia said:
kenzie115 said:
He compliments kompany better on the basis of what? fifa?

cleavers said:
Ric said:
He had a couple of nervy moments in the first half, but did OK overall. He's been a useful signing, albeit a relatively short term one. It'll be interesting to see if Pellegrini opts for him or Nastasic as Kompany's first choice partner when everyone is fully fit.

On a separate note, I thought Lescott did well in the second half.
He'll drop to the bench when Kompany's fit, not because Lescott or Nastasic are better, but because the balance is better, right footers on the right, left footers on the left, and with our high full backs they need to be assured cover on their side.

However, Vinny has played well on the left hand side of the two before. So I could see this happening.

Proelia said:
kenzie115 said:
He compliments kompany better on the basis of what fifa?

Nastasic is only rated 77 on Fifa. Demichelis is 82. Lescott is 81.

He's a decent bloke and I'm pleased he seems to be settling ok but I am genuinely surprised how impressed you all are.
We used to crap ourselves every time he got the ball anywhere near our box.
Good luck to him.

bayern blade said:
He's a decent bloke and I'm pleased he seems to be settling ok but I am genuinely surprised how impressed you all are.
We used to crap ourselves every time he got the ball anywhere near our box.
Good luck to him.

He will do well for us as a stop gap and how you have described Demichelis is similar to how we rated Jerome Boateng.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.