Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancet Fluke said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
He has a similar first touch to Dzeko.

Ridiculous statement

Just an observation. I don't think he has a very good first touch, just my opinion, I neither expect or care whether you agree.

We might be in the minority but I agree with you and we are right. His second touch is to recover from the first.

He's getting better game by game. Short term maybe, however he's waring the blue shirt and playing with a smile on his face. Well done Martin.

He has overall been fairly decent, but had a mediocre game on Sunday (apart from his one crossbar thumping header). Fortunately Pants made some good saves, and the other 3 in our back line had good games (Zabs in particular who was outstanding).

It's late in his career to come to us but come he as, and for me we have got a good defender who can defend and do it well, lets not forget this is a new country and a new league for him, and that takes a bit of time and effort to look like you belong, and he is doing just that.

It's late in his career to come to us but come he as, and for me we have got a good defender who can defend and do it well, lets not forget this is a new country and a new league for him, and that takes a bit of time and effort to look like you belong, and he is doing just that.

He's OK as a CH reserve. He's not good enough at the every top level.
Incidentally, we have really missed Nastatic over the last two games.

BlueAnorak said:
He's OK as a CH reserve. He's not good enough at the every top level.
Incidentally, we have really missed Nastatic over the last two games.

Not missed him at all, the defence looks more solid and together when he doesn't play

I think Martin is coming in for some harsh criticism, he's had to come back from an early doors injury and then settle into a back 4, in a new country, whilst we are getting pelters for defensive errors and keeper problems.

I believe quite a few people on here are just picking up on comments made on the ridiculous GMR phone-in (made by people who don't actually attend games). I think it's right to have an opinion but now people saying MDM's first touch is bad and he doesn't read the game are way off the mark. Sure he is no Vincent Kompany but heck Joleon Lescott, Nastasic and Micha Richards are not either for that matter. I personally hope Karim Rekik carries on his progression but I do think it is unfair to criticise a guy who is only 6 games into a career in a new league and after an unfortunate injury. I think he's doing ok and understands perfectly what the manager wants - that is why he was in the La Liga team of the year. If you want a scapegoat try and assess the positional play of our two back-up full backs. Enjoy the ride people Pellegrini is starting to have an effect and it will only get better. A bit tired and cranky so apologies for the rant.

Mr HJ said:
I believe quite a few people on here are just picking up on comments made on the ridiculous GMR phone-in (made by people who don't actually attend games). I think it's right to have an opinion but now people saying MDM's first touch is bad and he doesn't read the game are way off the mark. Sure he is no Vincent Kompany but heck Joleon Lescott, Nastasic and Micha Richards are not either for that matter. I personally hope Karim Rekik carries on his progression but I do think it is unfair to criticise a guy who is only 6 games into a career in a new league and after an unfortunate injury. I think he's doing ok and understands perfectly what the manager wants - that is why he was in the La Liga team of the year. If you want a scapegoat try and assess the positional play of our two back-up full backs. Enjoy the ride people Pellegrini is starting to have an effect and it will only get better. A bit tired and cranky so apologies for the rant.

A decent rant and good post.

I like him,my only issue is that he seems to have an epic mistake in him each game.The way he commited himself on Sun,leaving the Swans lad through on goal,was criminal for a man of his experience.He'd have been slaughterd on here if that chance had been put away.

Personally,i'd be playing Lescott with Komps on Wed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.