Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand why there's not the same hesitance to start two right footed CBs as there is for two left footers

I said the other week that contrary to popular Blue Moon opinion, Demi is a liability and so he showed again tonight.
Not just for the goal, in the first half he lunged into a tackle and completely missed, his first touch is poor and his decision making is not what everyone seems to think it is.

Blue Mist said:
I said the other week that contrary to popular Blue Moon opinion, Demi is a liability and so he showed again tonight.
Not just for the goal, in the first half he lunged into a tackle and completely missed, his first touch is poor and his decision making is not what everyone seems to think it is.

You are truly wasted in your day job or school

grim up north said:
Blue Mist said:

Another wonderfully well argued point from grim up north.

Not his best display, but it was his 1st game alongside Vinny.

Shouldn't have been turned for the 2nd.

For all his minor faults tonight, he carried the ball well, passed it well, and make some good tackles. His clearances let him down though. Slicing them and giving away corners.

Lancet Fluke said:
grim up north said:
Blue Mist said:

He only has one opinion of his own....the manager is always right and he says it on every thread over and over......much like I do saying we should never play Garcia ;-)

jrb said:
Not his best display, but it was his 1st game alongside Vinny.

Shouldn't have been turned for the 2nd.

For all his minor faults tonight, he carried the ball well, passed it well, and make some good tackles. His clearances let him down though. Slicing them and giving away corners.

He played ok at times but was definitely at fault for the second and was he the defender playing them on for the first? If so then to an extent it doesn't really matter how reasonable you are for the rest of the game, if you're largely at fault for two goals, you haven't done your job well enough imo.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:21 am --<br /><br />
Cobwebcat said:
Lancet Fluke said:
grim up north said:

He only has one opinion of his own....the manager is always right and he says it on every thread over and over......much like I do saying we should never play Garcia ;-)
At least your one opinion is 100% correct. :)

I think it was money well spent. He was bought to fill a huge hole in the defence and bring some maturity. But he is only a stop gap until the next window.

tbf to him, he was left hung out to dry by our tactics. Kolarov was on the halfway line the entire game, and that left him with a huge area to cover. Aleks and Navas were marked out of the game, which left huge space for our midfielders to take advantage of in the centre of their pitch...so you could effectively say our game plan left him with the work of two men, and we couldnt have played the way we did without him covering for Kolarov. Yes he swung at a few and was at fault for the 2nd goal, but was overall solid. First time all season we've been able to work the offside trap correctly too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.