Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a sorry state of affairs when clubs like Liverpool and Tottenham have superior strength in depth when it comes to the defence in general. Demi isn't necessarily a bad player he's just not come to terms with the pace of the Premier League and lets be honest he's not getting any younger so he's certainly not going to improve in that aspect. In Lescott we have the same issue, not a composed enough defender overall and can gift the opposition goals if he makes a mistake. IMO we need to have a complete overhaul over both Jan/Summer transfer windows and drastically improve our below-par fringe players (i.e the likes of Kolarov, Lescott and even Richards I'm afraid to say...)

All in all we need to stop scrimping for stop-gap players and pay for young talent such as the likes of Luke Shaw and Mangala who both look like special talents. It'll pay dividends for us in the long run. Thankfully Rekik will be returning for us next year so hopefully he'll be given a chance also.

Wouldn't matter who was playing at the back today, for as long as the midfield offers so little protection, the centre halves will become exposed.

Nasatsić > Lescott > Dimichelis

Gabriel said:
Wouldn't matter who was playing at the back today, for as long as the midfield offers so little protection, the centre halves will become exposed.
That it true however. We are so open. Even West Brom, who were poor, we're getting into our box quite easily at times.

Gabriel said:
What I was saying,why the fuck can't people see this !

Give the guy a chance for god's sake, injured for a good part of two months and playing in a new open playing side, league and country and possibly playing out of his usual right sided position. The guys an awesome player who's played for the best at the very top level, yes he might be past his best but let's cut him some slack....we need him.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Give the guy a chance for god's sake, injured for a good part of two months and playing in a new open playing side, league and country and possibly playing out of his usual right sided position. The guys an awesome player who's played for the best at the very top level, yes he might be past his best but let's cut him some slack....we need him.
He's not awesome. That is over-stretching it immensely.

KippaxCitizen said:
I wouldn't say it was "immensely" over-stretching it ;-)

KippaxCitizen said:
I wouldn't say it was "immensely" over-stretching it ;-)
he would be an immense improvement on Garcia in DM

no protection from the midfield is the issue.

and im not saying am a huge fan of demichelis but he is far fro the problem

our defence is far too exposed

stavros said:
no protection from the midfield is the issue.

and im not saying am a huge fan of demichelis but he is far fro the problem

our defence is far too exposed

Although I agree the midfield protection has to improve, it's not just the issue, the last 3 goals conceded (ie 1 today and 2 from Wednesday) had nothing to do with the midfield cover, just a combination of good goals and/or poor defending. But re Demichelis, I would choose Lescott over him any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.