Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin was our best defender today in a very good defensive performance. He's getting better with each game. Incredible to see his distribution being criticised when he's probably, already, one of the best ball playing central defenders in the prem. He hit some long balls today because nothing else was on. And some of those long balls were pretty good. His reading of the game is excellent, his interceptions beautifully timed and executed. Top player, and we're lucky to have him. And I'll wager he'll score a few goals before the season's out.

Ballymagash Blue said:
Martin was our best defender today in a very good defensive performance. He's getting better with each game. Incredible to see his distribution being criticised when he's probably, already, one of the best ball playing central defenders in the prem. He hit some long balls today because nothing else was on. And some of those long balls were pretty good. His reading of the game is excellent, his interceptions beautifully timed and executed. Top player, and we're lucky to have him. And I'll wager he'll score a few goals before the season's out.

Not sure you were watching the same game as me mate. I didn't think he was very good at all. He is too slow

ChichesterBlue said:
stavros said:
no protection from the midfield is the issue.

and im not saying am a huge fan of demichelis but he is far fro the problem

our defence is far too exposed

Although I agree the midfield protection has to improve, it's not just the issue, the last 3 goals conceded (ie 1 today and 2 from Wednesday) had nothing to do with the midfield cover, just a combination of good goals and/or poor defending. But re Demichelis, I would choose Lescott over him any day of the week.

Todays goal came from the ball coming straight through Midfield and our defenders then in a panic facing their own goal.

I think Demi will be ok IF he gets regular playing time with Vinny and we get someone to help Ferno out away from home.

Ronnie the Rep said:
I thought he was poor today but he wasn't alone. On three touches in succession he just hoofed the ball forwards and straight back to Southampton.

Not good enough, this isn't the conference!

I suspect the La Liga team of the year might beat the Conference team of the year! You mightn't agree, though.

I rate him in general, but he struggled today. Too right footed, he didn't have his usual passing range because he had to keep working to get the ball on his stronger foot. He's been a part of a few too many mistakes for my liking, as well, but I'm more interested in his distribution and general usage of the ball, and today it was a bit lacking. I'm not sure the experiment of him as Kompany's partner is going to bear fruit, but I do think he can be used to spell Kompany pretty liberally in order to hopefully keep the captain in the side when we need him.

Ballymagash Blue said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
I thought he was poor today but he wasn't alone. On three touches in succession he just hoofed the ball forwards and straight back to Southampton.

Not good enough, this isn't the conference!

I suspect the La Liga team of the year might beat the Conference team of the year! You mightn't agree, though.

Not quite sure of the point you are making, any team can win a one off game. In this particular one I thought he was poor and that generally we didn't play up to our potential

But Mrs Rep enjoyed herself :-)

Good in possession. Tries to get too tight and win the ball too much for my liking but I think thats how we are being coached to defend. There is something abit arrogant about us, like we are so strong we dont need to play the percentages or show caution. This league, imo, is too competitive for that to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.