Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
Phil Jagielka from Everton would be ideal.

class player<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:28 pm --<br /><br />
holeinone said:
Kompany and Demichelis are both right sided players, so i can't see the point of having them on together, they may well get in each others way, and one will have to play out of his natural position.

you clearly know nothing about football

I'd always go with Nastasic in the left centre back role, bar that Lescott should come in alongside Kompany. Yesterday Demichelis was far to casual and lost the ball in positions where he should have found a City shirt. In saying that he was not the only player in blue who was sloppy for the vast majority of the game time. Another thing is his lack of pace, which has left him and the team in weak positions in certain games he has played. A good back up for Kompany when he is not available...

Mr HJ said:
Demichelis is not the problem - yes he has made an error or two but they haven't cost us points. Some of the critics on blue moon might as well blame Vinny for yesterday for being turned inside out? But we all know he is the first on the team sheet and once Nastastic returns we are ok. A more pressing problem is our fullbacks they leave too much space when caught forward and distribution from them when deep is poor. The demands on the midfield two to cover this space are immense and yesterday they were let down by Milner not helping out as he was drawn to the wrong areas. I like MD at least he tries to play passes to feet but I think we have other issues albeit only minor ones. Win next week and the four points we got from the two away games will be considered a good return. Onwards and upwards.

Vinnie got "turned inside out" because he was running full speed to cover an open man, while MD just sat in the penalty box defending nobody. If he had closed him down and gave Vinnie some cover to regain himself he'd never have scored. Plus how many times did he needlessly give the ball away? Had to be 10 times.

Ronnie the Rep said:
Ballymagash Blue said:
Martin was our best defender today in a very good defensive performance. He's getting better with each game. Incredible to see his distribution being criticised when he's probably, already, one of the best ball playing central defenders in the prem. He hit some long balls today because nothing else was on. And some of those long balls were pretty good. His reading of the game is excellent, his interceptions beautifully timed and executed. Top player, and we're lucky to have him. And I'll wager he'll score a few goals before the season's out.

Not sure you were watching the same game as me mate. I didn't think he was very good at all. He is too slow

I doubt if he was watching the same game otherwise he'd have noticed 4 bad mistakes which, if demich hadn't been bailed out by a teammate, would've resulted in a goal:

1. when rodriguez steered the ball across the 6 yard box, Demich dispossessed Lallana only to stumble and lose it.it needed Fern to calmly pick up the loose ball and nudge it back to Costel

2 demich stood watching shaw's cross bouncing on the six yard line ( admittedly costel and fern were slow to intervene) but kolarov did just enough to put chambers off from scoring with his header

3 in the runup to osvaldo's big miss, Demich outjumped Lallana but carelessly headed it straight to Rodriguez.With lallana on the deck, and in haste to stop rodriguez, demich lost his balance in a crazy leap over lallana and was reduced to hanging out a heel in the hope of bringing rodriguez down.
that failed but Costel made a fine close range save

4.after Vinny went shoulder to shoulder with rodriguez from shaw's long ball , demich stood there watching osvaldo get on the loose ball.Fortunately, zaba did just enough to make osvaldo drag his shot wide.

I agree with the comments about demich's cultured distribution and, after his debut against chelsea, i gave him high praise at a time when the pundits were slagging him off. but, against southampton's quick fire approach he looked as out of place as a sunday driver from glossop who's suddenly
asked to take the wheel in the city centre.

At the moment, he's more of a liability than an asset and he needs to lively himself up fast to cope with pinball situations in the premiership.

Martin Demichelis is quite frankly one of the worst defenders I've sen I'm a city shirt. He is slow crap and needs a bloody hair cut! He is nothing compared to lesscot or nastasic. I have no idea why we signed him and no idea why lesscot isn't playing. To be frank I'll much prefer sun ji hi over this long haired Argentinian prick.

owenaf said:
Martin Demichelis is quite frankly one of the worst defenders I've sen I'm a city shirt. He is slow crap and needs a bloody hair cut! He is nothing compared to lesscot or nastasic. I have no idea why we signed him and no idea why lesscot isn't playing. To be frank I'll much prefer sun ji hi over this long haired Argentinian prick.

Thats a bit harsh

owenaf said:

Other opinions are available.

owenaf said:
Idiot. And it's Lescott.

owenaf said:
Deary me,what a bellend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.