Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nasty and VK first choice for me.
DM certainly a decent back up until we bring in Ramos or another top CB

Proelia said:
grim up north said:
Proelia said:
Such a myth hes not even overly slow , maldini or baresi were not speed demons themselves but then you get to many fifa managers these days, who are in reality probably sitting in a dark room fappn over their ultimate team

Apparently you only need pace to be a footballer according to most on here
Yea look at kyle walker

Exactly. Superb footballer.

I thought it was a little rude how Martin just sat through the press conference listening to music while he answered the journalists.

Beermonster said:
Anyone else noticed that he seems to jump in and ends up leaving us vulnerable as he's then out of position?
When it comes off it looks World Class but seen it create a good chance a number of times (De Guzman springs to mind).
Also think he loses his marker in the box to often when the ball is coming in from the wings.
Other than these I think hes not a bad player, comfortable on the ball, not bad in the air, etc but is what he is a short term solution.
After a whole 6 games in the PL (and 2 in europe ?), do you think he might still be adjusting to the pace of our league ? How many different partners has he had in those 6 games as well ?

Looks good back up to me, he's certainly not slow running wise, I think I might give him a few more games yet before believing anyone declaring him our worst ever defender......given some of the shite I've seen.

Was very poor against West Brom and Southampton, and think Lescott should come back for our game against Arsenal, but otherwise he's not too bad. Reads the game very well and could be a valued asset once he settles in

cleavers said:
Beermonster said:
Anyone else noticed that he seems to jump in and ends up leaving us vulnerable as he's then out of position?
When it comes off it looks World Class but seen it create a good chance a number of times (De Guzman springs to mind).
Also think he loses his marker in the box to often when the ball is coming in from the wings.
Other than these I think hes not a bad player, comfortable on the ball, not bad in the air, etc but is what he is a short term solution.
After a whole 6 games in the PL (and 2 in europe ?), do you think he might still be adjusting to the pace of our league ? How many different partners has he had in those 6 games as well ?

Looks good back up to me, he's certainly not slow running wise, I think I might give him a few more games yet before believing anyone declaring him our worst ever defender......given some of the shite I've seen.

He's actually got some of the same qualities/instincts that make Vinny such a world class defender. The only thing is that Vinny does it very convincingly and always has your confidence that nobody is getting past him. Saying that, Osvaldo is the first player I've seen have Vinny off since I can remember!

M24 Citizen said:
cleavers said:
Beermonster said:

He's actually got some of the same qualities/instincts that make Vinny such a world class defender. The only thing is that Vinny does it very convincingly and always has your confidence that nobody is getting past him. Saying that, Osvaldo is the first player I've seen have Vinny off since I can remember!

Yes I have not said he is a bad player...just pointing out a few faults I have noticed. As M24 says the way that Vinny is able to jump in and win the ball which makes him World Class, Demichelis is also capable of this...but it has been mistimed a few times which leaves us extremely vulnerable at the back.
The short term solution comment was directed at his age, and as I said he is a good back up but not the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.