Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing I love about Demi,is that he always looks to play an offensive ball rather than Lescott,who seems to think that a football can only move backwards.
Please before you all start,I am a staunch Jolo fan,but I think he`s far better and I think Jolo will finally move on come June.Thanks Jolo you`ve more than paid the £23M that we paid for you,but I dont see you as a long term signing anymore.

JJCMCFC said:
That's why the Kompany/Lescott partenership 2 years ago was so effective. Kompany went out and attacked the ball while Lescott sat back and covered. The partnership of Demichellis and Kompany for me will never work because they both go out and attack the ball, which is why I think we conceded 3 sloppy goals against West Brom and Southampton (although this could be seen as very harsh as Osvaldo's goal was pure class, nonetheless both players did want to both go and attack him).
It's probably a fair comment that we're not quite as tight as the back with this pairing, however a big difference for me is how much quicker Demichelis brings the ball out, and gets us moving forward at pace, which seems to suit our current style of play better.

I find that we lose a fair bit of momentum going forward with Lescott as the majority of times his first outlet ball is a square pass.

steviemc said:
JJCMCFC said:
That's why the Kompany/Lescott partenership 2 years ago was so effective. Kompany went out and attacked the ball while Lescott sat back and covered. The partnership of Demichellis and Kompany for me will never work because they both go out and attack the ball, which is why I think we conceded 3 sloppy goals against West Brom and Southampton (although this could be seen as very harsh as Osvaldo's goal was pure class, nonetheless both players did want to both go and attack him).
It's probably a fair comment that we're not quite as tight as the back with this pairing, however a big difference for me is how much quicker Demichelis brings the ball out, and gets us moving forward at pace, which seems to suit our current style of play better.

I find that we lose a fair bit of momentum going forward with Lescott as the majority of times his first outlet ball is a square pass.

If you ask me i don,t rate him. We got in behind him number of times and he let bentner in to score twice although one was offside to be fair. amazed lescott can,t get a game for you lot the way you defend.

Decent performance but needs to learn to keep in line with the rest of the back 4 a little better and more often.

gooner2 said:
steviemc said:
JJCMCFC said:

If you ask me i don,t rate him. We got in behind him number of times and he let bentner in to score twice although one was offside to be fair. amazed lescott can,t get a game for you lot the way you defend.
Shall we count how many times our lads got in behind yours today then? Even though you have the 'best defence in Europe' (your words, not mine).
So presumably you rate your defenders highly for shipping 6? Interesting logic.

I'm not particularly keen. There are a number of instances where he does the opposite to the other three in the back four when it come to moving out or dropping back. He gifts the opposition situations at times, even against poor teams.

He was the one weak player in our team today.

He also commits himself to a tackle or interception and doesn't win it, too often.

Nastasić is still the #1 for partnering the captain, for me.

KippaxCitizen said:
I'm not particularly keen. There are a number of instances where he does the opposite to the other three in the back four when it come to moving out or dropping back. He gifts the opposition situations at times, even against poor teams.

He also commits himself to a tackle or interception and doesn't win it, too often.

What shit he was the best cb today

I like Demichelis. Thought he was superb today in mopping up. Almost Barry-like. Popping up in the right places at the right time. However, I'm always wary that I only get half a perspective on the corner flag next to the away end. Spotting positioning and anything that happens up the other end is very difficult and I have to wait for a chance to watch it on the telly to confirm or contradict my initial judgement.

oakiecokie said:
The one thing I love about Demi,is that he always looks to play an offensive ball rather than Lescott,who seems to think that a football can only move backwards.
Please before you all start,I am a staunch Jolo fan,but I think he`s far better and I think Jolo will finally move on come June.Thanks Jolo you`ve more than paid the £23M that we paid for you,but I dont see you as a long term signing anymore.

And this is why I think Pellers picks him. He has been turned on occasions this season but he is comfortable on the ball, looks to get things moving quickly and it won't be long before he knocks in a corner.

Proelia said:
KippaxCitizen said:

What shit he was the best cb today
He wasn't. Kompany was fantastic today.

There was one point at 4-2 or 5-2, can't remember now, where Dimichelis tackled Yaya and Arsenal created a chance from it. Be left Giroud onside on his own three times when the other three in the back four moved forward. He went to intercept the ball twice and didn't end up with it at his feet and Asrse al created chances from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.