Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
MD only has 2 qualities left to his game .... heading and experience. He has no pace, cant pass and either fouls when he tackles or is too slow when he tackles, everyone skips past him. And his 'experience' counted for squat when he made that suicide tackle.

His performance in the loss to Chelsea should have set off alarm bells in Pellegrini's head, so have to assume Manuel has blinkers on and chooses loyalty or favouritism over quality.

Frankly, if we have no one better than Demichelis, then we are screwed before we start.

ibiQEeDW11VY3g.gif

In the 30 odd minutes that Lescott played, he gave the ball away when pressed, could not complete a back pass to Joe Hart, could not recover in time and caused the second goal. Cannot understand anyone who calls for him starting over MDM especially against a barcelona side with so much pace and skill.

MDM had done brilliant until that instant where Messi got a few meters headstart and would have definitely scored. Poor from him to throw in a challenge nowhere near the ball, though he cannot be entirely blamed for it as Kompany was caught out of position playing Messi onside.

We desperately need another CB, if we are going to be seriously thinking of champions league.

de niro said:
We fucked up the window. That will hurt us totally.

I keep hearing this as if it was only down to us, do you not think it plausible that the other factors out of our hands hand any influence in the resulting lack of purchases ?
It does make me sigh, the amount of folk who make simplistic throw away comments about a very involved and detailed process with many many variables involved.
I think you know this in your heart of hearts Bill.
I am sure if it was at all possible we would have bought.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am --<br /><br />
Stanger said:
In the 30 odd minutes that Lescott played, he gave the ball away when pressed, could not complete a back pass to Joe Hart, could not recover in time and caused the second goal. Cannot understand anyone who calls for him starting over MDM especially against a barcelona side with so much pace and skill.

MDM had done brilliant until that instant where Messi got a few meters headstart and would have definitely scored. Poor from him to throw in a challenge nowhere near the ball, though he cannot be entirely blamed for it as Kompany was caught out of position playing Messi onside.

We desperately need another CB, if we are going to be seriously thinking of champions league.

This is how i saw it also.
I am not even ranting at Joleon, he did his best.

de niro said:

Considering the money we were reportedly willing to pay, I think it's fair to say we did the right thing by not being held to ransom over Mangala.

TCIB said:
Stanger said:

Neither was I, but the team selection by Pelle was completely justified.

Stanger said:
TCIB said:
Stanger said:

Neither was I, but the team selection by Pelle was completely justified.

Sorry bud, didn't mean to sound like i thought you were, bad wording on my part :)

TCIB said:
de niro said:

I keep hearing this as if it was only down to us, do you not think it plausible that the other factors out of our hands hand any influence in the resulting lack of purchases ?
It does make me sigh, the amount of folk who make simplistic throw away comments about a very involved and detailed process with many many variables involved.
I think you know this in your heart of hearts Bill.
I am sure if it was at all possible we would have bought.
To be fair, we've needed a top quality CB for a good few windows now. If it's not already I expect Txiki's transfer discussions to be a lot more Transfer forum-esque

[bigimg]http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130603225716/leagueoflegends/images/6/66/Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg[/bigimg]

Stanger said:

Great summing up I concur 100%

Mr HJ said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Bayern Blade and Maldieka (two München fans who post on here) have both said he had clangers in him almost every game he played for them and was never top class.

He's got some very good attributes but should never be near our first XI for big games. He may have the odd good game in a big game but he's just nowhere near consistently good enough to justify that place he takes off Lescott or Nastasić (obviously not fit tonight).

I just don't like the way he defends. I don't think Kompany does neither. He looks exasperated at some of the things Dimichelis does. Vincent always looks at his best with Lescott partnering him.
Disagree strongly with your third point - Vinny and ZabMan our two best defenders (whom not one member of blue moon would change) both constantly use MDM when passing out in tight positions. Re Lescott and Nasty you watch closely tonight when Zabba had the ball with Lescott an option he didn't use him rather he made it harder for himself by running infield with the ball until he could find Silva or Fern. This happened on several occasions. The team do have confidence in MDM that is a fact. His only problem is he tries to nip in and sometimes gets caught out. I am saddened tonight not by the team or the result but by the blatant abuse that one of our own has taken. From where I sat he was absolutely distraught when he got sent off and for me I thought he was playing really well up to that point. To hold Barca to one I repeat one shot on target in 50 mins is some feat. As others have pointed out the pressing game that we now play relies on all defenders pushing out and for the Messi goal only one defender was ten metres behind the straight line of the other three and that my friend was not MDM. He is a stopgap we all know that but he does not deserve the abuse from so called fans on this site. We will win in Spain if we play with the heart they showed tonight plus a fit Sergio.

Well said! Didn't notice this and it's so easy to judge things we only see on pitch. We really don't know what happens during training and how they are. We are so quick to judge. He really was distraught. Media has been on a warpath on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.