Martin Samuel today in the mail.

Rolee said:
The cookie monster said:
Rolee said:
Email him the still showing Shrek celebrating in front of the City fans.
Tbh mate i dont care what rooney did he took a load of shit so fair play to him
I just dont get why samuel missed it out of his article

He missed it because it suited his argument to miss it.

What on earth are you talking about?

Didsbury Dave said:
Rolee said:
The cookie monster said:
Tbh mate i dont care what rooney did he took a load of shit so fair play to him
I just dont get why samuel missed it out of his article

He missed it because it suited his argument to miss it.

What on earth are you talking about?

It's not rocket science mate, work it out.

Didsbury Dave said:
Let's have this right.

I had no idea that Rooney had celebrated in front of the City fans. If I'm honest I couldn't care less.

But when Rooney was running over to take that corner I said to my mate "You watch, he'll get hit by a missile here". Then I saw him pointing at the floor and said "See?"

Crowds quoting "incitement" are pathetic buck-passers. Players get dogs abuse from crowds. If they want to give a bit back it doesn't bother me. It's exactly the same as the Adebayor situation. And if City insist on putting their most vociferous fans right by the corner flag this sort of thing will happen from time to time.

At the time of the Adebayor incident I disagreed with his suspension because I thought a footballer can't be held responsible if fully grown adults can't behave themselves. I remember Ronaldo celebrating in front of near where I was sat a few years ago when they won the league at our place, it wound me up but had I decided to throw anything at him it would only have been my fault, I was only 18 then but I was still old enough to know how to control myself at a football match.

Don't get me wrong I can't stand Rooney to the point where I want England to lose every time he plays, everything he says and does winds me up, but then I suppose he's meant to. Not every footballer can have the attitude of the likes of Zaba, Micah and Kompany. Rooney is the most unpleasant piece of shit you're ever gonna see on a football pitch, doesn't mean you have to rise to it though.

Didsbury Dave said:
Let's have this right.

I had no idea that Rooney had celebrated in front of the City fans. If I'm honest I couldn't care less.

But when Rooney was running over to take that corner I said to my mate "You watch, he'll get hit by a missile here". Then I saw him pointing at the floor and said "See?"

Crowds quoting "incitement" are pathetic buck-passers. Players get dogs abuse from crowds. If they want to give a bit back it doesn't bother me. It's exactly the same as the Adebayor situation. And if City insist on putting their most vociferous fans right by the corner flag this sort of thing will happen from time to time.
I think the point within this statement is that 'You knew' what was going to happen. If 'You knew' then it's probably right to believe that the players also knew the situation which brings us back to the 'incitement' issue.

Throwing missiles onto the pitch needs to be addressed but if they aren't given a reason to do it, then it may just not happen.

Just a thought.

Didsbury Dave said:
Let's have this right.

That is true. But fans are not all like you. There are kids, and stewards who have to handle the aftermath when some fans inevitably react to an away player deliberately taunting them.

It's not just kids who can't control their emotions. Put yourself in that corner, 9 times out of 10, you'd probably just give him some verbals, but you don't know how you'd react - like the lad you ran on the pitch. I expect he's a decent lad who'll probably never ever do anything like that again

Mr Partridge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Let's have this right.

At the time of the Adebayor incident I disagreed with his suspension because I thought a footballer can't be held responsible if fully grown adults can't behave themselves. I remember Ronaldo celebrating in front of near where I was sat a few years ago when they won the league at our place, it wound me up but had I decided to throw anything at him it would only have been my fault, I was only 18 then but I was still old enough to know how to control myself at a football match.

Don't get me wrong I can't stand Rooney to the point where I want England to lose every time he plays, everything he says and does winds me up, but then I suppose he's meant to. Not every footballer can have the attitude of the likes of Zaba, Micah and Kompany. Rooney is the most unpleasant piece of shit you're ever gonna see on a football pitch, doesn't mean you have to rise to it though.
I totally agree. Football is an entertainment business. If someone wants to play pantomime villain that's their call.

Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Let's have this right.

That is true. But fans are not all like you. There are kids, and stewards who have to handle the aftermath when some fans inevitably react to an away player deliberately taunting them.

It's not just kids who can't control their emotions. Put yourself in that corner, 9 times out of 10, you'd probably just give him some verbals, but you don't know how you'd react - like the lad you ran on the pitch. I expect he's a decent lad who'll probably never ever do anything like that again

Speaking for myself I DO know how I would react and I can guarantee that it does not involve throwing anything at anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.