Martinez could be set for assistant managers role

Re: Martinez set for assistant managers role

FantasyIreland said:
I really can't see it,regardless of our standing,he will certainly have his own ambitions of making a managerial impact at the highest level without the need to revert to an assistants role.

He has served his time at Wigan and Swansea before and will now be looking to the next rung,i don't envisage that at City.

I could certainly see the opportunity as a step in the right direction for someone like Uwe though!

-- 18 May 2013 08:09 --

MAN CITY TARGET MARTINEZ AS PELLEGRINI'S ASSISTANT

Manchester City are considering an offer for Wigan Athletic manager Roberto Martinez to become Manuel Pellegrini's assistant.

The Malaga boss is expected to be unveiled as Roberto Mancini's successor within the next two weeks but The Sweeper understands that City are lining up a surprise bid for Martinez after the Spaniard masterminded Wigan's shock FA Cup victory at Wembley last Saturday.

The 39-year-old's future at the DW Stadium remains unclear following Wigan's relegation from the Premier League, while Martinez, who is Everton's first-choice candidate to replace David Moyes, is set to meet with the club's chairman Dave Whelan for talks next week.

It is not known who Pellegrini wants by his side at the Etihad Stadium next season but City have previously been ambitious in their recruitment for the assistant manager position after attempting to make Brendan Rodgers the second in command to Mancini just 18 months ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------
No quotes,nothing........speculative at best.

certainly not the 'factual' claim of the thread title.

Title changed for you.

All in all its something that as been discussed on this site and would make sense with the club statement about being holistic.

Makes sense from the perspective of this is Soriano and Txiki. They liked to pass on the reins for the sake of stability at Barcelona and I think it's a good idea in theory and I've long been a fan of the boot room approach of Liverpool and the Barcelona model, but we're a long way from being Barcelona. Once again, I get the impression that these guys are trying to run before they can walk.

Can't see Martinez going for it though. He'll rate himself as being above it, and rightly so.

We talked about that in another thread. Would be fantastic in my opinion.
Roberto can become a great manager for a top team, though he needs to become better at defensive tactics. He'll learn a hell of a lot from Manuel, and I'm sure he'll teach Pellegrini a lot about the PL as well. Two fantastic man-managers, two great tacticians, two managers who alwyas get the best out of their players.

I really hope this is true.

Fucking weird because I was literally just about to make a 'tin hat on' type post about this in the main Pellegrini thread, hadn't seen this one at all. He'd be great for the role IMO, being fluent in both languages (I know Pelli speaks good English anyway) and more to the point understanding and having direct experience with the leagues and football culture of both countries.

But the source is shit, and Martinez will probably have plenty of offers for 'number one' jobs.

southern muppet said:
Fucking weird because I was literally just about to make a 'tin hat on' type post about this in the main Pellegrini thread, hadn't seen this one at all. He'd be great for the role IMO, being fluent in both languages (I know Pelli speaks good English anyway) and more to the point understanding and having direct experience with the leagues and football culture of both countries.

But the source is shit, and Martinez will probably have plenty of offers for 'number one' jobs.

Yes he will. But the prospect of working alongside Pellegrini for a mere two years, then to take over Manchester City, who will fight for the most desirable titles and trophies in the world.
Not a bad career mode.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=284141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=284141</a>

on a plane to Manchester this morning according to Malaga fans

BlueMo' said:
I doubt he'd want to play second fiddle to anyone.
He's a decent manager in his own right, and like you
rightly say it is Goal :)

Wigan to potentially City manager in 2 years or so - I think he would find that VERY appealing.

Can you suggest a quicker route to managing a top 4 club in England - which is where he has said he would prefer to stay.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
BlueMo' said:
Wigan to potentially City manager in 2 years or so - I think he would find that VERY appealing.
Can you suggest a quicker route to managing a top 4 club in England - which is where has said he would prefer to stay.
I thought Pelligrini was St John The Baptist to Guardiola (nailed on.)

George Hannah said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
BlueMo' said:
Can you suggest a quicker route to managing a top 4 club in England - which is where has said he would prefer to stay.
I thought Pelligrini was St John The Baptist to Guardiola (nailed on.)
Oh yeah. Forgot.

citysince88 said:
It would be a surprise for sure, but if it was with the view that he'd been told that he'd be in line after Pelligrini you could maybe see why that's preferable to Everton (no disrespect).

Still think it's highly unlikely though.

I could see this, it would make some sense.

Pellegrini is 59, and having a younger very good and promising manager like Martinez working under him to a point where he seamlessly takes over does work in with the holistic theme. And why wouldn't Martinez want to do that when it nigh on guarantees him the managerial role in soon to be one of the world's top sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.