MartinO'Neill

Big shock this one...!

Bit of a shame really, I like Martin O'Neil, he's an honest straight talking guy and a good manager. Wouldn't have thought of him to be one to walk away from a club like that. I don't mind Villa either, decent and respectful club, young english playing core and decent football.

Something big has obviously gone on behind the scenes, obviously player/finance related. Seemed to be well run but appear to have run up a few debts in the past few seasons. Hopefully we don't cop the blame for this, but you know the media will spin it that way.

United job? England job? I'd take him as a manager any day (and that's not a "Mancini out" by the way)

Re: MON resigns

The timing is appalling.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:55 pm --<br /><br />
alabama said:
Pam said:
I wonder if this has implications for Ireland?

Why? Has Lippi resigned too?

Tut. You know what I meant.

IF Lerner has bottled it a bit and decided to sell Milner for a bit less than what they wanted I think its good business from us and proves Mancini wont be held to ransom.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is fcking hilarious. Can't stand O'Neill. Tosser. And I couldn't give a toss what the press say about us as a result of all this.

I really don't think this is anything to do with our pursuit of Milner. O'Neill seemed quite content to lose Milner, knowing that he would potentilly be getting Ireland as a replacement plus a decent amount of money. He seemed resigned to losing him and relatively happy about the deal. One player he certainly did not want to lose though is Ashley Young. I think it's likely that Lerner has accepted a bid from Spurs for Young without O'Neill's say so.

MANCHESTER CITY FORCE ONEIL TO RESIGN i can see it in the papers tomorrow

Maybe he was told he wouldn't get any money from the Milner deal to replace him and the Ireland part exchange wasn't on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.