MartinO'Neill

Might shove a few quid on Sven being next manager

Could do a good job for Villa

Re: MON resigns

Hows this for a theory.

MON asks for Ireland and Keane in return for the sale of Milner. All is agreed until the last minute. The final details of the Milner deal are being concluded when Lerner will not agree to Ireland financial package, nor is it looking good on the wages issue with Keane as both players are wanting considerably higher wages than their top earner at present.

Therefore, MON doesn't get his wish list but does sacrifice Milner.

I suppose we'll never know but its always worth speculating.

At the end of last season it was an open secret that O'Neil was leaving at the end of the season, and he was repeatedly asked by reporters to commit his future to the club

There's been disagreements over spending for a long time

And we were told Lerner is a model owner

I've been hearing that USA National Team Manager Bob Bradley is in consideration for the job. Might be possible considering Lerner is American. Not sure if it's true but even Bradley's wiki page makes reference to him having been approached by Lerner.

The end of last season, a month ago, or even a fortnight ago I might have understood, but five days before a new season!!!! If I were a Villa fan I'd be absolutely fuming, something has seriously gone wrong behind the scenes today, this will however most probably speed up the Milner deal.
On a side note on Villa talk one of there ITKs who does seem fairly respected, mentioned something about Garry Cook causing major shit for Villa, and that is part of all this. Probably bollocks.

bluesyob said:
i can not wait for stan collymores next broadcast lol that should be a man city hate fest.

Just been lisning to Birmingham local radio and Stan the wimp has a web page connected.

Apparantly according to both parties O'Neill has been after funds for months but Randy will not give way, so now we know the reason why he was in such a hurry to get the Milner deal done

Re: MON resigns

Blue Mist said:
villadude said:
Hi all, Villa fan in peace.

Now I'm as shocked as anyone about MON leaving the club as it's the most ridicolous time to leave so close to the opening game of the season and no new signings. Firstly, he's known since before the World Cup Milner wanted to leave and of course transfer negiotations can be drawn out and complex but I can't see him leaving for that reason. Afterall, it's largely been Paul Faulkner and Lerner dealing with this transfer going back over MON's interviews.

He knew full well he had to trim the wage budget after spending so much money on a squad he barely uses. Don't get me wrong MON is great guy and manager but he has many shortcomings (no plan B tactically or last minute window signings).

I don't believe for a second Spurs ITK's who were so laughably wrong about Young having golf practise with stroke face. He doesn't want to go back to London as he's from Stevenage and recently signalled his intent to stay at the club.

I'm not going to blame City, the board or MON for that matter right now. I'm just massively disappointed in the timing of all of this. I worry about who we may appoint as it could turn the fans against Lerner after all the great work he's done for the club. Once the dust settles I'm sure things will calm down a bit.

Alright villadude. In my opinion o'neil has shown you the fans, massive disrespect. To throw your teddy out of the pram, for whatever reason, 5 days before the start of the season is a kick in the b*lls to all genuine Villa fans. What a t*at. I genuinely hope you get a better manager and as long as you finish one place behind us I wish you all the best.

Whilst obviously we won't know the ins and outs for awhile I do find utterly disrespectful by MON, now of course I hope his wife isn't ill again but if this resignation is solely footballing reasons it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. Any Villa fan or other who might blame City or Milner for resigning are a little short sighted. This is only my opinion but I believe it was one of many straws which broke the camels back. Considering how well backed MON has been by Lerner, I just feel massively let down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.