Will continue to wear a mask

• Yes

Votes: 217 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 109 31.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 23 6.6%

• Total voters
Is there actually any real evidence masks prevent the spread of COVID?

I've seen articles about how the particles (not sure if that's the right term) are so small they easily get through a standard mask. There are other people saying they stop you spreading it, but not catching it etc.

Also, in the places where I'd be likely to wear a mask (public transport, football, shopping), is there actual evidence that COVID is spreading in these environments? It's likely spread in households and closed spaces - so is there a need to wear one stood on the South Stand for example?

I'm not against wearing a mask. I don't like the environmental impact of wearing something once then chucking it though. If the science is clear and obvious that it stops the spread then I'll wear one - but I'm not convinced it does. It's probably good for other things (maybe it stops other colds of bugs going round?) But do we have actual evidence to prove this?

Mask wearing along with good ventilation slows down the spread of infectious, airborne diseases. It doesn't stop it completely.

You don't need them outside, mainly needed on transport and enclosed spaces.

I havent been on these covid pages since the start. I'm surprised the same arguments are still being said.

Masks, lockdowns, social distancing etc, can't stop a virus spreading but it does stop health services being inundated and make cases more manageable.

With the full opening up of the country during a global pandemic, cases will rise significantly. Boris and his new pal, health Secretary are betting that vaccines and track and trace will stop the health service being swamped with cases.

If it doesn't I expect Megan Markle to be back on the tabloid front pages.

I'm not going to wear my mask when I have to walk 20 seconds out of a restaurant. But I'll wear it on public transport.

I think there is going to be a backlash against people wearing masks still, i have found all along the covid idiots , anti rules and anti masks lot have been very aggressive against those following the rules

I think there is going to be a backlash against people wearing masks still, i have found all along the covid idiots , anti rules and anti masks lot have been very aggressive against those following the rules
I long for the day some **** approaches me and berates me for having a mask on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.