Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that occurred to me - maybe I am either a) naive or b) worrying needlessly but is it possible we as a fan base could rise above singing that “she said no” song (a la other fans singing about Mendy) or similar - I know it’s dressed up as “banter” but in this case it’s even more unsavoury for me as we know who the “she” is and have a sense of what she has been through (and how brave she has been in breaking it). Think it would be the height of distaste tbh.
Sit near the away fans and when they sing anything about Mendy I ask the nearest one do you actually think anyone of us is supporting Mendy

I certainly won’t be singing the same shit because it’s a Rag or another teams player

It’s the same as celebrating death and destruction Munich, Hillsborough

We are better than that

We are impeccable

The audio if nothing else is a gold standard example of coercive controlling behaviour which is a criminal offence and all the proof the police need to at least charge him with that. Domestic abuse victims are protected by new laws in that regard so I reckon he's fucked even if she's too scared to take it further.

Also there may be much worse on the video than what she chose to let us hear and the police are probably in possession of it.
Yes we don't know what is on the rest the tape. It could show worse things or she could have not made it public because it didn't help her case. We can all sit and speculate as much as we like but speculation is all we have..
The key to it all is what she says in her statement. The tape will show that she did not want to have sex and that he did. I hope by now GMP have got enough to charge him.

They are completely different because the evidence for Mendy wasn't made available for public consumption.

Sometimes a picture does paint a thousand words, certainly for sponsors where guilt by association can cost them billions.
I agree, maybe I havent worded it well.

As bad as both cases are I can see why Mendy may be viewed as being worse given multiple victims involved but due to the reporting there has been a difference in how Sponsers and the like have reacted. Either way if guilty i have no sympathy for either if them.

He will be at the ''woman ruined my life stage'' to be followed by a spell of whining self pity...after the cell door slams it will be tears and bargaining with god.

Is god the nickname of the bloke who’ll shove a broken broomstick up Greenwoods arse and ask him how much he likes being raped? If so then I think your post is largely accurate

He's fucked either way. As the evidence is out there, so regardless of what happens there's no way back in the publics eye.

It’s not coming back….

Certainly not in the original guise, been told this by a good few people in these circles. The show revealed to much around counter intelligence and at least 3 people convicted in the show have been released!

It’s definitely coming back- the cameras were filming at the back end of last year
My mum’s mate said her neighbour is a cop and apparently told her Burnham put a stop to it because it painted Manchester in a bad light. Lol
lol indeed- cameras were filming late last year so episodes should be out later this year

I think it's naive to think that clubs wouldn't do anything they could to protect their investment if they think they can get away with it, no-one will find out, or if they did, fans would make excuses for them. That might not include hushing up a rape allegation (although we've seen that happen with college athletes in the States, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see football clubs do the same with players many times as valuable), but it could include sweeping other bad behaviour under the table. The sort of behaviour that is a red flag, particularly anything involving domestic violence or controlling behaviour. This arguably creates an atmosphere where not only is it considered no big deal, but also shows the player they are important enough to get away with it.

If it turns out that Utd have turned a blind eye to past infractions, I hope there's a reckoning for them. And I hope there's a reckoning for our club if it turns out they were similarly accommodating to Mendy. Mendy's is particularly bad, because if his first arrest had been very public, the subsequent rapes almost certainly would never have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.