Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why use Orwell as an example of an author who 'failed to anticipate' the future 'exponential advances in technology' when you have just asked 'Who could possibly have imagined' such an advancement, suggesting that nobody could have?
Because he famously (and presciently) wrote about a world where technology was deployed as a means of surveillance - which is the conduit through which this story has occurred and gathered momentum. On that basis, it’s perfectly reasonable to use his book as a reference point, and identify something that (quite understandably) he did not anticipate; not as a means of criticism, but to identify an unexpected consequence of his broader prediction about a society with much greater levels of surveillance (upon which he was conspicuously correct).

It was to underline the point about the inability of anyone to anticipate the technology we all freely and individually have at our fingertips today, rather than to imply that Orwell was deficient in any way. He was the subject of the post because he wrote a book on the broader but closely associated subject, which makes it a perfectly legitimate point to raise imo.

Pointing out that someone has failed to predict something doesn’t have to be a criticism of them; in this instance, it was merely a relevant observation.

first is there been video evidence ? pictures can speak a thousands words
audio evidence not the same ? yes she claims its greenwood and pictures/audio of the crime have been leaked.
but until the police have done it job then the case is unproven

from what i know ? when things like this happen and it get leaked into the media before the police get involved it can damage the case. the police need to get both sides of the story and any witnesses DNA and mobile phones from both

because of the media leak it can damage the case and without witnesses it can lead to pressure to drop the case
or settle out of court it ? can happen and has happen loads of times
Some on red cafe seem to think cops have already been involved, and this leak today is because their case is already set. Makes sense I suppose. October to now.

Some on red cafe seem to think cops have already been involved, and this leak today is because their case is already set. Makes sense I suppose. October to now.

lets hope so and the police and the CPS have done its job and its going to court and this is why the media have been allowed to report it

unless you posted by page 3 on here then it was already on the BBC site, I spotted it and came to make a thread and this one was already on page 3 by then.

think it came off the site for a time then went back on, wasn't there when I looked when the thread was around page 25

For those whinging why it took so long to get on BBC/Sky, it appears there was a media injunction, I suspect there have been meetings with lawyers all day to see if this could be posted.

first is there been video evidence ? pictures can speak a thousands words
audio evidence not the same ? yes she claims its greenwood and pictures/audio of the crime have been leaked.
but until the police have done it job then the case is unproven

from what i know ? when things like this happen and it get leaked into the media before the police get involved it can damage the case. the police need to get both sides of the story and any witnesses DNA and mobile phones from both

because of the media leak it can damage the case and without witnesses it can lead to pressure to drop the case
or settle out of court it ? can happen and has happen loads of times
You are commenting without seeing what has been posted.

Let me know when you’re up to speed and we can discuss further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.