Mason Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good player and nothing more at this stage. I'm sure he'd do a job for City, but I don't think he's what we need. Wouldn't be disappointed or enthusiastic if we signed him. One of those where you just know he'll sign that contract with Chelsea eventually. He will not want to leave, they'll see keeping "one of their own" as a big win with the fans and will tie him down - even though the fans probably don't rate him much.

He's a decent player, but let's be honest, we're looking to buy the long term replacements for De Bruyne, Mahrez and Gundogan over the next couple of years. Is he anywhere near that standard?
Ok bud, understood.
Genuine question then; who would you see as 3 players we could bring in to replace those 3 at a similar standard?

I know he's the butt end of jokes but truthfully he's not a terrible player or anything.

TBH I'd have him as a squad player if he'd come cheap. I just doubt that'd be the case. For the fee (1 year left on his contract or not) and playing time he'd want I think there are better options. But as a cheap rotation option, sure.

He’s got Liverpool written all over him. Great work rate, tidy in midfield without being spectacular and seems to get on well with managers.
I've been thinking exactly the same thing for some time. Lets be honest they basically have to build a new midfield from scratch, mount on a free is decent business for them. Doesn't mean it would be decent business for us though, he's just not technically a good enough fit for City's midfield positions. Suits a bingo team, more than a Pep one.

Danny Drinkwater 2.0. - looked amazing playing next to Kante..not so much when he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.