Mata ... Available ..... Really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Haze said:
If we advance in CL, take the money and buy Mata in Jan. Sell Nasri.

He is one of those next level players who rarely get sold.

I think Nasri had his best game in a city shirt yesterday, if he can come into some sort of form and play like that consistently he would rightly keep Silva and Mata out of the team, Nasri also will get 6-8 goals a season where Silva never shoots. At the moment having not been convinced by Silva last year and basing off this season so far I'd sell him and bring in Mata ...... *tin hat*

sam-caddick said:
Gareth Barry Manilow said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:

Haha!

I don't think we, really, have a chance of getting him, I can only see Chelsea letting him go to a team from abroad.

It's interesting because I don't see anyone in Italy affording him bar maybe Juventus, but for me they looks happy with having Tevez as their number ten, Real and in particularly Barca don't have much room for him, Real are more likely but they need a striker to go head to head with Benzema if anything, PSG maybe?? Atletico I can't see affording him, maybe a loan? I don't see Dortmund forking out the money and Bayern are full up in terms of midfielders.

It leaves Arsenal, Spurs, United, Liverpool or us in my opinion.

I hope we go for him as I can see our Spanish influence catching his eye over everyone else.

He is going to cost 35m at least.
Monaco is your best bet. They have Moutihno in the middle, but they are lacking a second stud in midfield. Mata will fit in perfectly, they have the money and the need. Spurs and Arsenal already have their versions of him in Ozil and Eriksen. Sure he can still be added, but I think they'd scoff at the ammount. It is just too much (perhaps 32-38 million) for a team that already has similar talent. Same applies to City. We have Silva , Nasri and Jovetic (sure Mata might be an upgrade on all 3- arguably) but it would be a waste of resources. That really leaves, Barca (if they decide to call Iniesta bluff), Monaco (coz they have the need and the money), and United (coz they are the market for a marquee Creative Midfielder).

I PM'd a few in summer about this.

As far as I know Barca are after him. The enquired about his availability and heard nothing back. I think he will push for a move soon and Barca will win the battle to get him. I could easily see him at Madrid but they have Modric whom fills that role and is now bedded in as a solid starting player.

Apparently the start of the argument started when Mata said Jose has no right to belittle last seasons achievements when he won nothing at Madrid.

Merely passing on what I heard. Join the dots, as for him moving to Monaco, no chnace imo. This is one of the best CM/CAM's in the world and still has 7+ years in the game and still yet to reach a peak. This lad is the dogs bollocks and he will either outlive Jose or be sold to a Spanish giant rather than a league which has been laughed at and has only been of interest since PSG and Monaco spent half a billion between them. I cannot for the life of me see Mata choosing one of them over a Spanish giant, maybe even Bayern if Pep has a great season and fancies bring him in.

Regarding Barca and real. Do they really need him? Iniesta is not gonna leave, they already have fabregas anyway. Real has even less room for him, isco has the no. 10 spot and he is much younger with years before he even reach his peak. Then modric and that young Spanish player that's suppose to be the next xabi Alonso. They don't need anymore creative midfield players.

jared said:
Regarding Barca and real. Do they really need him? Iniesta is not gonna leave, they already have fabregas anyway. Real has even less room for him, isco has the no. 10 spot and he is much younger with years before he even reach his peak. Then modric and that young Spanish player that's suppose to be the next xabi Alonso. They don't need anymore creative midfield players.

When has an abundance of attacking talent ever stopped Barca or Madrid buying more attackers?

adrianr said:
jared said:

When has an abundance of attacking talent ever stopped Barca or Madrid buying more attackers?

Swap deal for di Maria maybe? Both teams have impulsive transfer policies.

jared said:
Regarding Barca and real. Do they really need him? Iniesta is not gonna leave, they already have fabregas anyway. Real has even less room for him, isco has the no. 10 spot and he is much younger with years before he even reach his peak. Then odric and that young Spanish player that's suppose to be the next xabi Alonso. They don't need anymore creative midfield players.

They sold Alacantara and Mata is imo the best fitting Spaniard for their system who dopes not currently play for them. He'd be the perfect replacement for Xavi.

NipHolmes said:

As far as I know Barca are after him. The enquired about his availability and heard nothing back. I think he will push for a move soon and Barca will win the battle to get him. I could easily see him at Madrid but they have Modric whom fills that role and is now bedded in as a solid starting player.

Apparently the start of the argument started when Mata said Jose has no right to belittle last seasons achievements when he won nothing at Madrid.

Merely passing on what I heard. Join the dots, as for him moving to Monaco, no chnace imo. This is one of the best CM/CAM's in the world and still has 7+ years in the game and still yet to reach a peak. This lad is the dogs bollocks and he will either outlive Jose or be sold to a Spanish giant rather than a league which has been laughed at and has only been of interest since PSG and Monaco spent half a billion between them. I cannot for the life of me see Mata choosing one of them over a Spanish giant, maybe even Bayern if Pep has a great season and fancies bring him in.
Sounds a bit suspect to me. Mata rejoined the squad late because of injury in preseason. Jose then became public about wanting him to work harder for the team (talking in a defensive sense). Mata has always been close to useless defensively - but he makes up for it with his output in attack.

He is then given a start against Swindon and works his bollocks off in a performance unlike any I've ever seen from him, against a team two divisions below us. He pressed diligently and got behind the ball and into defensive formation every time we lost the ball. He came on against Spurs and did the same, never seen him work so hard - and did his usual magic in our attack on top of that.

So for all the criticism, it seems Mata has risen to the challenge and wants to work hard for the team out of possession. If he keeps it up he'll be twice the player in terms of overall contribution. I expect he'll be back into our side now that he's adapting to Jose's system, and since he's the heartbeat of our attack, he's going to transform us like he did against Spurs. I can't quite believe we're where we are in the table without him running things (considering we've had Everton, United and Spurs away). He has been that important to us over the last 2 years. The whole situation is almost identical to what Jose did with Joe Cole, and it seems to be working once again.

Castiel said:
NipHolmes said:

Sounds a bit suspect to me. Mata rejoined the squad late because of injury in preseason. Jose then became public about wanting him to work harder for the team (talking in a defensive sense). Mata has always been close to useless defensively - but he makes up for it with his output in attack.

He is then given a start against Swindon and works his bollocks off in a performance unlike any I've ever seen from him, against a team two divisions below us. He pressed diligently and got behind the ball and into defensive formation every time we lost the ball. He came on against Spurs and did the same, never seen him work so hard - and did his usual magic in our attack on top of that.

So for all the criticism, it seems Mata has risen to the challenge and wants to work hard for the team out of possession. If he keeps it up he'll be twice the player in terms of overall contribution. I expect he'll be back into our side now that he's adapting to Jose's system, and since he's the heartbeat of our attack, he's going to transform us like he did against Spurs. I can't quite believe we're where we are in the table without him running things (considering we've had Everton, United and Spurs away). He has been that important to us over the last 2 years. The whole situation is almost identical to what Jose did with Joe Cole, and it seems to be working once again.

Source is a coach at your gaff, one who told me about Rooney all the way back in Jan. I broke that first, 3 months before red tops.

Mata told Jose to not disrespect last seasons achievements and that's how it started. Not problems with your cynicism, all I know is the infos been solid and he is 100% a coach at your place. I tell you now Mata doesn't like Jose, youll see.

NipHolmes said:
Source is a coach at your gaff, one who told me about Rooney all the way back in Jan. I broke that first, 3 months before red tops.

Mata told Jose to not disrespect last seasons achievements and that's how it started. Not problems with your cynicism, all I know is the infos been solid and he is 100% a coach at your place. I tell you now Mata doesn't like Jose, youll see.
Well if he doesn't it seems strange that he's working harder than he has under anyone else to impress him and prove that he's willing to adapt to his pressing system. He ran himself into the ground against Swindon just to prove he'll work for it. Almost everyone else put in a half arsed effort because it was just Swindon and we should beat them blindfolded.

Perhaps there was a spat between them. But Mata is proving to be a bigger professional than you're making out. I don't know any 'insiders', I just go by what I've seen on the pitch - and Mata is working his tits off to meet Jose half-way. Which Jose has praised saying: "He has a professional attitude. He made a big effort to come in my direction. So now I come to his direction."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.