Mata ... Available ..... Really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I think you're naive if you think it's about Mata trying to impress Jose. He doesn't need to impress anyone.

He's trying to play because that's what 99% of professional footballers want. Don't forget that Rio14 is just around the corner too and Spain have an abundance of options.

Personally I see him going next summer unless Jose changes tact. Barca are very interested and they are a step up from any team in the world bar Bayern it seems.

Jose is highly rated by myself and so is Luiz although I think he's a CDM rather that CB. Jose however is dropping bollocks left right and centre by not starting the pair. They are your best players and the players most courted after. If he wants to prioritise two old guard players both in their 30's then he's just about clueless.

I've heard whispers that all is not well in that dressing room and Terry is verbal once again. If I were Roman I'd fuck the **** off in the summer even though he's showing good form again. Sack off Lampard, Terry, Cole. Bring in Hummels, Shaw and get a top striker be it Falcao or maybe Costa from Althetico should Rooney not come.

NipHolmes said:
To be honest I think you're naive if you think it's about Mata trying to impress Jose. He doesn't need to impress anyone.

He's trying to play because that's what 99% of professional footballers want. Don't forget that Rio14 is just around the corner too and Spain have an abundance of options.

Personally I see him going next summer unless Jose changes tact. Barca are very interested and they are a step up from any team in the world bar Bayern it seems.

Jose is highly rated by myself and so is Luiz although I think he's a CDM rather that CB. Jose however is dropping bollocks left right and centre by not starting the pair. They are your best players and the players most courted after. If he wants to prioritise two old guard players both in their 30's then he's just about clueless.

I've heard whispers that all is not well in that dressing room and Terry is verbal once again. If I were Roman I'd fuck the **** off in the summer even though he's showing good form again. Sack off Lampard, Terry, Cole. Bring in Hummels, Shaw and get a top striker be it Falcao or maybe Costa from Althetico should Rooney not come.
Mata and Luiz have both played in our last 3 games and both have played very well. Mata a reformed presser and Luiz looking much more disciplined. Now the press has turned attention to De Bruyne being dropped, since we have such depth that somebody is always going to be dropped. So I'm fairly sure that it's controversy for the sake of controversy.

He does need to impress the manager if he wants to play, and it certainly seems to be working because Mata is constantly pressing and harassing from the front which is something he never used to do before (this is also pivotal to Spain's system). I remember when our squad lost faith in AVB, they didn't try on the pitch at all. The difference between our performance against Napoli away (under AVB) and Napoli at home a week later (under RDM) was enormous.

When players show discontent on the pitch I'll give this speculation more weight. Right now it's KDB, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him play his heart out when he gets his next chance like Mata and Luiz did. He also criticised Schurrle and dropped him after our loss to Everton (where he was poor) and last night he put in a MoTM performance culminating in a hug with Mourinho. I have a feeling that he knows what he's doing.

Anyway I hope our crisis continues on Sunday.

It's not speculative, it's legit. This guys a coach at your place and the Rooney stuff was way before press for wind.

Mata DOES NOT need to impress anyone, he's been your best player last two seasons and only has to try to get into Spain team for Rio. If Jose wants to tempt fate he can do and then Mata will leave. It's that simple. Believe it or dontx I'm not fussed, it's true and that's all their is to it.

As for KDB. It's more about the lad thinking he'd done enough early doors and coming up to speed in the league. No way he will be tosser away already, he is an important player.

My point about Luiz and Mata is they are both Matchwinners and Jose has to build around them. Going with Terry and Lampard is the here and now, both should be second fiddle to Luiz and Mata. One Cole and the aforementioned two go it's 600k off the wage bill each week and players already ready to replace. Even Cech can leave as Courtois is as good if not better. LB is the head scratcher. Is it buy young like Shaw or is it buy quality here and now like Baines?

The one thing I DETEST about Chelsea fans is double standards.

AVB dropped Cole and was nailed for it.

If Benitez dropped Mata it would have been an Ian Huntley level of hate. He's still spoken of negativity after not only achieving Top4 which was his objective but also UEFA Cup and FA Cup semi finals.

Jose walks on water and that's not right. It should be a level playing field for all. If not then halt criticism because it's worthless when the criteria changes depending on who's face it is.

In my book AVB was on the right path but too 'green' and Roman bottled it. Benitez was outstanding and thankfully dropped the **** that is Terry like Jose did with Casillas.

Jose imo royally fucker up letting Lukaku go out on loan and relying on a semi-retired Etoo. That imo was criminal. He could see Rooney was being stopped in coming and made a cardinal sin letting Lukaku go.

Even if he is legitimately a coach, it is speculation unless it's coming directly from Mourinho or a player. Mourinho was questioned by fans for dropping Mata, but Mata is now back in the side as a better player, so his decision was completely vindicated. Mata is now playing exactly how Mourinho wants his players to play, which means nobody can slack off out of possession. The same applies to Luiz, who is now playing more like he does for Brazil.

And of course players need to impress their coach. Are you seriously suggesting Mourinho make selections on reputation? He doesn't work like that, everybody plays on merit. Mata was always poor out of possession. Mourinho criticised it, dropped him, and within a few weeks he came back pressing like a demon. So from what I can see on the pitch, Mourinho is a bit smarter than you give him credit for and our players are professional enough to accept criticism and try to improve. He's never explained himself to anyone, but his methods still appear to be working because he's gotten more motivation out of Mata, Luiz and Schurrle so far - with De Bruyne being his next project.

If these players were playing terrible or not even trying, or in the media complaining - then this would be plausible. But it looks like things are going exactly the way Jose wants at the moment since Luiz is more disciplined, Mata is playing a pressing game and Schurrle just improved all round. As I said I suspect De Bruyne, latest to be dropped and criticised, will come back stronger as well. He did the exact same thing to players like Joe Cole and Carvalho the last time here was here, he was criticised for it, and they became 2 of our best players because of it.

Castiel said:
NipHolmes said:

Mata and Luiz have both played in our last 3 games and both have played very well. Mata a reformed presser and Luiz looking much more disciplined. Now the press has turned attention to De Bruyne being dropped, since we have such depth that somebody is always going to be dropped. So I'm fairly sure that it's controversy for the sake of controversy.

He does need to impress the manager if he wants to play, and it certainly seems to be working because Mata is constantly pressing and harassing from the front which is something he never used to do before (this is also pivotal to Spain's system). I remember when our squad lost faith in AVB, they didn't try on the pitch at all. The difference between our performance against Napoli away (under AVB) and Napoli at home a week later (under RDM) was enormous.

When players show discontent on the pitch I'll give this speculation more weight. Right now it's KDB, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him play his heart out when he gets his next chance like Mata and Luiz did. He also criticised Schurrle and dropped him after our loss to Everton (where he was poor) and last night he put in a MoTM performance culminating in a hug with Mourinho. I have a feeling that he knows what he's doing.

Anyway I hope our crisis continues on Sunday.

I don't always doubt mourinho's man management, I always get the impression his players will die for him, although the stint in Madrid placed some reservations.

De bryuen case is quite funny. Chelsea has too many creative attacking mids, there is no way he can play them all, so a few have to be dropped. Not sure why the journos made a big deal about it

MSP said:
utter bullshit.. you think so only because mourinho wants you to think so. he playedlike 100 minutes since he came back in the side and was nothing better than his average last season's game.
If you can remember back to our CL win in 2012. Mata was completely anonymous against Barcelona and Bayern. It was as if we only brought him on the pitch to take free kicks and corners. Because when we didn't have the ball, he became useless. He was very good at getting into positions to counter, but against teams like that it really didn't help. This season he's been pressing, closing down space and even making tackles higher up the pitch - on top of his usual offensive contribution. He's only been back a few games and that has been an obvious improvement. The fact that he now offers something out of possession makes him a better player.

I just hope this lad can go to a team where he can play regularly because he's an absolute joy to watch when on form.

PSG bound IMO. Chelsea won't sell to PL rivals and he is obviously not in Mourinho's plans.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:02 pm --<br /><br />
Castiel said:
MSP said:
utter bullshit.. you think so only because mourinho wants you to think so. he playedlike 100 minutes since he came back in the side and was nothing better than his average last season's game.
If you can remember back to our CL win in 2012. Mata was completely anonymous against Barcelona and Bayern. It was as if we only brought him on the pitch to take free kicks and corners. Because when we didn't have the ball, he became useless. He was very good at getting into positions to counter, but against teams like that it really didn't help. This season he's been pressing, closing down space and even making tackles higher up the pitch - on top of his usual offensive contribution. He's only been back a few games and that has been an obvious improvement. The fact that he now offers something out of possession makes him a better player.

Bullshit again, he does not provide anything new, specially when he doesn't play at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.