Mata ... Available ..... Really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't claim to be an agent or insider myself. City supporter first and foremost but I now live in London working in IT. My work is situated very close to Wembley Stadium but over the years I've become friends with people working at some of the football clubs in the city - specifically Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham.

I can tell you two things which from what I'm told are serious matters happening. Berbatov will push for the move to Arsenal. Wenger is willing to pay no more than 4 million for his services, if that fails Plan B is Gignac.

He is resigned to the fact Diego Costa can only be a summer transfer. Negotiations are still ongoing for positive news but the club don't want to sell, and the player isn't too interested now.

Man United have contacted West Ham about Morrison but this deal will only happen in the summer. United have a buy back clause in there, West Ham want to remove a clause about the 10 million fee. This clause means if a club bids 10m for him and WHU reject they have to triple the players wages.

apparently rags bid 31.3 mn for mata...talks on going

cant see mourinho budging unless rooney involved

razman said:
apparently rags bid 31.3 mn for mata...talks on going

cant see mourinho budging unless rooney involved

Not true.

Only big transfer I can see as somewhat realistic for them is Gundogan. Dortmund will listen to offers around 25-30m in the summer if an extension hasn't been signed.

Real Madrid are favorites for this deal though. Arsenal enquired in the summer but the club were never going to sell him shortly after reaching CL Final.

13/05/12 said:
PSG will sign this player for a fee of 32 million. I have contacts working within the London clubs. Mourinho will not sell to Man United UNLESS there is a large fee + Wayne Rooney.

Moyes wants Cabaye but PSG have also told his agent about his interest. Wenger is no longer interested, the player will go to the highest bidder but the minimum price is 18 million pounds.

There will be no first team transfers for Man United friends. Couple of players will leave - Anderson on loan back to Brazil is likely. Porto don't want to risk an injured player - they were first choice at the time.

Man City are monitoring Matic. They were interested in Draxler but he is 90% off to Arsenal.

Your 2nd sentence is 100% bollocks. The rest is pure guesswork after spending the last 2 weeks scouring newsnow.

Stoned Rose said:
13/05/12 said:
PSG will sign this player for a fee of 32 million. I have contacts working within the London clubs. Mourinho will not sell to Man United UNLESS there is a large fee + Wayne Rooney.

Moyes wants Cabaye but PSG have also told his agent about his interest. Wenger is no longer interested, the player will go to the highest bidder but the minimum price is 18 million pounds.

There will be no first team transfers for Man United friends. Couple of players will leave - Anderson on loan back to Brazil is likely. Porto don't want to risk an injured player - they were first choice at the time.

Man City are monitoring Matic. They were interested in Draxler but he is 90% off to Arsenal.

Your 2nd sentence is 100% bollocks. The rest is pure guesswork after spending the last 2 weeks scouring newsnow.

This is what my contact within the club have told me. I'm not saying this is the complete truth to end the matter. Mourinho will not sell the player to Man United at all, but he may be enticed by the chance of Rooney and 40 million for example.

IF he is available, then we better buy him.

Dzeko could be sold this summer.

We don't know if Jovetic will be ever fit.

Mata can play as a #10 player ( Like Jovetic ) and can also compete with Silva,Nasri, Navas & Milner for an attacking midfielder position.

There's no way Mourinho is selling Mata to a premier league rival. He wouldn't even loan Ba to Arsenal because he seen them as a title rival after signing Ozil, there no way he'll sell Mata to one.

Štěpán Janků said:
Dribble said:
We should have bought Mata first time around and not doing so was a major mistake from us. If he is available now we shouldn't make the same mistake twice by not signing him especially as he now has Premiership experience. Mata, Silva & Villa were devastating for Valencia and having two out of the three would seriously strengthen our creativity department and our strength-in-depth.

I've always said that we need 3 x creative No 10's and Mata would create this with us already having Nasri & Silva. We suffer when Silva isn't available and Mata would be perfect as he could cover the left whilst Nasri could move inside to cover Silva.

If they'd sell for £20m, I'd snatch their hands off.......

This is impossible. Paris Saint-Germain reportedly readying a £30 million bid. And Juan's value is around 39.500.000£.
But I agree with you in the rest of your post. I'd probably go for him too if his selling price would worth for it.
Mata is being kept out of the side by players who were signed for less than £20m. I'm not saying The Chavs would sell for that, but if he's not wanted, is unhappy I'd test the water at £20m and see where we stand.

They'd probably want more, but we also have to factor in sales of our deadwood as a way of off-loading a wage, bringing in revenue, creating a squad position and increasing the quality of our squad's gene pool overall. We have Sinclair, Lescott & Garcia as 3 deffo's plus the possibility of Dzeko & Kolorov plus all the youngsters who probably won't make it at City like Boyata, Ibrahim etc. This lot alone are worth at least £30m of anyone's money and would go a long way toward affording Mata.

As I said before, this is one player we cannot afford to miss out on again if he's available. We wanted Cisco in the summer as a 3rd No 10 and in my opinion Mata is an even better option as he's already proven at the highest level and still relatively young at 25 years old.

We don't really need another #10 though. How much would he play? Doubt he'd be willing to come here and sit on the bench. Would mean we wouldn't play Negredo once Aguero is healthy. Already have Silva, Nasri and Yaya who can play as #10 when we play with 1 striker(not going to bother mentioning Jovetic until he can stay healthy). Can't play him and Silva at the same time. Both are liabilities defensively and I'd rather have Silva any day of the week.

True. We have other priorities. Like cover for zaba, Richards simply can't stay healthy. and maybe cover for fernandinho. Unless MP is happy with Garcia and Rodwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.