Mata ... Available ..... Really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancet Fluke said:
Petetheblu said:
So let me get this right.

Chelsea sell united one of the most outstanding player of last season, then f*ck over Liverpool by buying one of Liverpools most wanted. Who just happen to be the scums close rivals for that top 4 position.

Well done Chelsea, great forward thinking there......COCKS!!

Exactly. Makes me wonder what is in it for Chelsea to see united remain a force. Unless of course they are just too stupid to realise what they are doing.

Short term stupidity? Chelsea?!

Pigeonho said:
If someone came to you and offered you £300,000 for your D-reg Fiat Uno, you'd take it.

I'd never own a Fiat Uno, I need to make that perfectly clear, but anyway your example doesn't really work because it doesn't take in to account the potentially self defeating consequences of selling a top player to united. Would you sell your Lada Riva to someone for 300k if you had reason to think he was going to deliberately knock you down at high speed in it a year or so later?

I am hoping the delays are due to contractual issues. It seems top players can have a lack of Champions League participation as a get out clause. Imagine if they do not qualify this year (likely) , and so fail to attract other top players and miss out again next year (possible) - he may then be allowed to walk away for peanuts. Only dreaming aloud... But what if...? A perfect storm may be brewing :-)

Pigeonho said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Petetheblu said:
So let me get this right.

Chelsea sell united one of the most outstanding player of last season, then f*ck over Liverpool by buying one of Liverpools most wanted. Who just happen to be the scums close rivals for that top 4 position.

Well done Chelsea, great forward thinking there......COCKS!!

Exactly. Makes me wonder what is in it for Chelsea to see united remain a force. Unless of course they are just too stupid to realise what they are doing.
The only thing that's in it for Chelsea is a £20m+ profit on a player they don't want.
That assumes that they couldn't sell him elsewhere for a reasonable profit.

Lancet Fluke said:
Pigeonho said:
If someone came to you and offered you £300,000 for your D-reg Fiat Uno, you'd take it.

I'd never own a Fiat Uno, I need to make that perfectly clear, but anyway your example doesn't really work because it doesn't take in to account the potentially self defeating consequences of selling a top player to united. Would you sell your Lada Riva to someone for 300k if you had reason to think he was going to deliberately knock you down at high speed in it a year or so later?
Well played, and a good point well made!
I still see it as Chelsea knowing United are not going to make top 4 though. Of course they can't 'know' that for sure, but as we mostly think on here, it's highly unlikely regardless of whether they sign Mata or not. IMO

malg said:
Pigeonho said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
We sure have, but its generally involved us trying to get a player others were after, or had a complicated agency rights structure etc.

He was in Manchester yesterday, that much is clear.He seems to want the move.

If there's no medical by end of day for them I'd see a spanner being another team coming into the mix.

Ah, didn't realise he had been in Manchester. Something will be the mata.
You've not been following things, as I posted I'd seen him in a car on Stockport Road nar McVities, just about to do a right into KFC/McDonald's. I think some posters may not have taken me seriously!
Interesting (ish) fact about that factory. The Manchester/Stockport border cuts right through its middle and when it was built, the MD of McVities insisted that the post box was situated at the Manchester end of the factory because he wanted it to have a Manchester address for reasons of corporate vanity.

Lancet Fluke said:
Pigeonho said:
Lancet Fluke said:
The only thing that's in it for Chelsea is a £20m+ profit on a player they don't want.
That assumes that they couldn't sell him elsewhere for a reasonable profit.
I don't think anyone else is stupid enough to pay £37m for him! I would seriously question those who make the decisions at our place if they spent that much money on him. He's a good little player, but compared to Silva, for example, I see no contest at all. I rate him as slightly better than Cazorla.

you're all assuming that the Glazers will go in the summer "oh shit, we had a tough time last season Davey so here's £100m".

I don't think they will, even if they get 4th they provision for 3rd and the knockout stages of the CL, they'd be a playoff away with that.

I reckon they will sell Rooney in the summer to cover the cost of Mata going and then Moyes will get £50m tops, and the way he and Woodward are showing they do business I'd be confident selling clubs will take the piss out of them.

Unless they appoint a proper DoF and the Glazers have a change of heart about how they want to run the club Chelsea are doing good business, selling a player for a lot of money they don't want and replacing him with a cheaper, younger player they do want, and putting money back on the books particularly after splurging on the likes of Willian in the summer, it's money that can go in the kitty for a top CB and striker in the summer.

If United make top 4 bar 1 position they'll have met their targets for this season, the Glazers don't care about winning the trophies they just want the extra revenue of the top 4 and CL.

Pigeonho said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Pigeonho said:

Well played, and a good point well made!
I still see it as Chelsea knowing United are not going to make top 4 though. Of course they can't 'know' that for sure, but as we mostly think on here, it's highly unlikely regardless of whether they sign Mata or not. IMO
That's probably the real difference here. I really think that despite the problems they have elsewhere in their squad, that Mata gives them a real chance of 4th place, particularly when they get rooney and van persie back. Those three playing together will paper over all sorts of phil jones/tom cleverley related cracks imo. That's assuming that moyes has the balls to play those two up front with mata behind them which hopefully he won't.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
you're all assuming that the Glazers will go in the summer "oh shit, we had a tough time last season Davey so here's £100m".

I don't think they will, even if they get 4th they provision for 3rd and the knockout stages of the CL, they'd be a playoff away with that.

I reckon they will sell Rooney in the summer to cover the cost of Mata going and then Moyes will get £50m tops, and the way he and Woodward are showing they do business I'd be confident selling clubs will take the piss out of them.

Unless they appoint a proper DoF and the Glazers have a change of heart about how they want to run the club Chelsea are doing good business, selling a player for a lot of money they don't want and replacing him with a cheaper, younger player they do want, and putting money back on the books particularly after splurging on the likes of Willian in the summer, it's money that can go in the kitty for a top CB and striker in the summer.

If United make top 4 bar 1 position they'll have met their targets for this season, the Glazers don't care about winning the trophies they just want the extra revenue of the top 4 and CL.

Then lets hope all of Liverpool, Spurs and Everton don't bottle it because finishing fifth would just be far too funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.