Mata ... Available ..... Really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercrystal7 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Good player, but let's not start rewriting history, eh!

He's been absolutely no-mark against us since he arrived at Chelsea.

We've beaten his team for fun these last couple years, a team, with considerably more talent than United have at present.

For the £40m cost of Mata, City have bought Silva and Navas.

He would have to get used to sitting on the bench in this City side.

For more context, we paid £24m for Nasri.

Based on Nasri's showings this season, nobody can tell me Mata is worth £16m more, irrespective of what those desperado lot are willing to pay.
So the only way to judge a player is if he can destroy City? How has the Chelsea team had more talent than United in the few years when they have finished so far behind them?

Navas was a unbelievable signing and incredible value. I have said it before, but the value for players has once again kicked on most probably, because of Bale. It's not fair to compare fees. The going rate then for a world class player was just under 25 million. A bit like it was around 16 million 10 years ago. Nasri was also in the last year of his contract and this drove down the price.

If you were buying Mata then there is no way he would be worth 40 million, but United are desperate. That's the benefit of having a complete team and negotiating from a strong position. It's easier to pick and choose value. However, sometimes when a player is going to make the difference between say: 6th and 4th, or 1st and 2nd, or even 17th and 18th, then it is worth over spending for. Bayern did it with Martinez and they went from a trophiless season to the treble. Chelsea did it with Drogba.

It won't be the end of the world for Manure if they don't finish in the top four this season.

What they have to establish first is if big Dave is the right fit for the club after season two.

I expect them to recruit big time over the summer irrespective of their finishing positon as Rooney and RVP come to an end and they revamp their defence and midfield as well.

As Jose has said most of starting eleven are between 24 and 29 so we only need to tinker from window to window.

Wouldnt be happy if Chelsea sell him to the Scum for £35m ... rivals and all that .... but United need to spend at least another £250m (which they havent got) just to catch up ... especially when Shrek and Robin Boy Wanker leave in the summer.

Having read the last few pages forgive me if someone has asked this question already, says on sky sports United have bid £40m for Juan mata through a THIRD PARTY. What does this mean exactly? Does it mean the transfer is being funded by a sponsor? a mystery backer? If so is this allowed?? Surely they have to sign any player via the club itself or at least the Glazers not Nike, Mercedes , Chevrolet etc

If I've got this all wrong then apologies

tolmie's hairdoo said:
For me, it's not Mata that concerns me, it's the £40m plus whatever Chelsea can find for a world class striker between now and end of the window.

Not sure who could be out there for them?

Probably fecking Balotelli!

I think you can sleep easy on that front!

mancity111 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

We've beaten his team for fun these last couple years, a team, with considerably more talent than United have at present.

Based on Nasri's showings this season, nobody can tell me Mata is worth £16m more, irrespective of what those desperado lot are willing to pay.

Well documented as per usual TH , Mata is actually a sign of desperation for Manure and they will have to pay way over the mark again.

Its a move more to tell the great Dave we support you now when we didn't in the summer , poor form in fact from the money men.

I am a naive when it comes to the Capital One Cup but I assume Mata is cup tied so we can thank his good friend Jose for that and as good as he might be and the lift in spirit a new signing gives to all those except the player who's spot he takes (LOL) I can'r see him inspiring Manure anymore at Wembly against us from the confines of the pillars.

Mata played against Swindon in the Carling Cup so he WOULD be cup tied.

supercrystal7 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

So the only way to judge a player is if he can destroy City? How has the Chelsea team had more talent than United in the few years when they have finished so far behind them?

Navas was a unbelievable signing and incredible value. I have said it before, but the value for players has once again kicked on most probably, because of Bale. It's not fair to compare fees. The going rate then for a world class player was just under 25 million. A bit like it was around 16 million 10 years ago. Nasri was also in the last year of his contract and this drove down the price.

If you were buying Mata then there is no way he would be worth 40 million, but United are desperate. That's the benefit of having a complete team and negotiating from a strong position. It's easier to pick and choose value. However, sometimes when a player is going to make the difference between say: 6th and 4th, or 1st and 2nd, or even 17th and 18th, then it is worth over spending for. Bayern did it with Martinez and they went from a trophiless season to the treble.
Chelsea did it with Drogba.

I'd say a European Cup trumps a 25 point differential in this league, certainly in a season Chelsea once again decided to sack a manager mid-season.

Unless you believe Roberto De Matteo really was the difference.

Chelsea's roster has been better than United's for a couple years IMO.

As was ours, we just didn't have Ferguson in our corner.

I don't believe the price inflation has jumped to such levels.

They are still reserved for the absolute top bracket.

As for judging Mata's talent simply in relation to performances v City.

This entire thread seems to have moved from Mata being acknowledged as a top player, to the direct damage he can cause to ourselves and title chances.

I'm in agreement with others on here.

I'm not in the slightest bit worried about Manure getting Mata it's what Chelski might do with the £35-£40m they get for him - They're one top class striker away from being formidable IMO ....

Why is everyone scared of this signing?? Chill out blues<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:05 pm --<br /><br />Having read the last few pages forgive me if someone has asked this question already, says on sky sports United have bid £40m for Juan mata through a THIRD PARTY. What does this mean exactly? Does it mean the transfer is being funded by a sponsor? a mystery backer? If so is this allowed?? Surely they have to sign any player via the club itself or at least the Glazers not Nike, Mercedes , Chevrolet etc

United were going to sign someone big at some point and Mata is close to a worst case scenario in terms of the quality of player they could get. He has been immense the couple of season before this, is proven in the PL and although it's a big fee. The chances of him bombing are extremely slim.

That said, United still need about 5 more big signings. They need a new central midfield, two at least I reckon, and at least one top centre back, ideally two, Rio will retire or go to the US at the end of the season and Vidic is nailed on to leave too, has refused multiple new contracts and deal expires in the summer. That would leave them with Evans, Smalling and Jones, none of whom are elite. plus a left back desperately and a quality winger. Mata probably means they'll sell Rooney and Kagawa in the summer. That'll probably bring in about 40 million between them. Hernandez could well go too tbf. maybe another 15-20.

That'll leave them a decent war-chest, maybe they'll put another 30 million on top of that, so I'd expect them to spend about 80 million next summer. But with the aforementioned needs, plus maybe another striker to replace Hernandez. I don't think 80 million will be enough to restock all their needs in one season, not with top players anyway. Mata could well plug a few gaps tho, and I'd expect them to get 4th now

tolmie's hairdoo said:
supercrystal7 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

If you were buying Mata then there is no way he would be worth 40 million, but United are desperate. That's the benefit of having a complete team and negotiating from a strong position. It's easier to pick and choose value. However, sometimes when a player is going to make the difference between say: 6th and 4th, or 1st and 2nd, or even 17th and 18th, then it is worth over spending for. Bayern did it with Martinez and they went from a trophiless season to the treble.
Chelsea did it with Drogba.

I'd say a European Cup trumps a 25 point differential in this league, certainly in a season Chelsea once again decided to sack a manager mid-season.

Unless you believe Roberto De Matteo really was the difference.

Chelsea's roster has been better than United's for a couple years IMO.

As was ours, we just didn't have Ferguson in our corner.

I don't believe the price inflation has jumped to such levels.

They are still reserved for the absolute top bracket.

As for judging Mata's talent simply in relation to performances v City.

This entire thread seems to have moved from Mata being acknowledged as a top player, to the direct damage he can cause to ourselves and title

chances.

Probably would do more damage against us at Coms for Chelsea than at Old Trafford (LOL).

Other than that Chelsea don't need him at least in the eyes of Jose and Co.

Like you I am more concerned about the replacement for Torres which hopefully goes by the name of Demba Ba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.