Match Day: Aston Villa v. Manchester City FC

wanderer72 said:
LoveCity said:
Didn't need them to be fair, defence was generally fine, it was a mistake by Joe that cost us.

A defensive mistake, I thought Joe did all he could. Chaps, get used to the idea that these players are only human. Silva (again :) I can not find any excuse for, however hard I try, nor can I believe that Mancini didn't notice Silva wasn't even there and did nothing about it...

You are right ...... it was a defensive mistake that cost us .

Joe Hart actually pulled off a fine save there , but it was our passing game just prior to it that let Villa in for that goal ....... it's dangerous to mess around close to your own area , and we were sloppy in clearing the ball , didn't have it under complete control , and it was that that was the real culprit for the goal , it let the Villa player in to shoot ........ Hart will be an easy target for pundits , but for me , others have to hold their hands up there.

Hart is still young and is learning to find his groove.

I'm so gutted that I don't even want to think about this so can someone please explain what this means for us winning the the title now that we are behind manu and arsenal and they've got a game in hand?

Not saying that it was already there but have we pretty much lost the title race because of this match?

jjeangi said:
Hart is still young and is learning to find his groove.

I'm so gutted that I don't even want to think about this so can someone please explain what this means for us winning the the title now that we are behind manu and arsenal and they've got a game in hand?

Not saying that it was already there but have we pretty much lost the title race because of this match?

The title was always gonna be difficult because others have games in hand on us .... and we'd almost certainly have had to have won the forthcoming derby at Old Trafford too.

If we finish top four it will have been a good result for us this season ... it will have meant progress has been made on last season!

unlikelyfan19 said:
this club is great. You really have to learn how to just laugh and shake your head.

ONE TO THE NEXT GAME LOL.

Put this on every negative thread after we lose or draw! But add
"END OF THREAD" on it as well

I thought the defence played pretty well today. Kompany and Kolo were solid and apart from the mistake that led to the goal i find it hard to justify any slating.

The midfield was pretty packed as Villa were never gonna push too far and leave a lot of space behind Dunne and Collins. Villa played their game very well, which was pretty much how Everton played if i remember. Sit deep and hope for a counter-attack/mistake. I would've liked to have seen a few more shots from the edge of the box throughout the game rather than last off.

I'm kinda expecting a few more games like this one before the season is out, with the 'lesser' teams sitting deep and playing for a point which i believe Villa would have been happy with at 5:30.

Someone should realy buy another ball to Tevez .. so that rest of team can play football .... he obviusly has Messi complex .. sry mate .. but f.uck you .. you are not Messi ... and u will never be ... Messi are passing ball to other players ....

We are going through our bad patch. We always get one!
Difference is this year we are not looking too bad through it. Last season from early October to mid December we couldn't buy a win this season we have been scraping through since Blackpool.
As long as it doesn't get worse and we soon pull through this is a marked improvement!

The passes were really sloppy today, maybe due to the fatigue of FA Cup. In the end, I think Aston Villa wanted it a lot more than us. Our sense of urgency was miles away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.