Match fixing confirmed (including in England)

nederblue said:
MSP said:
nederblue said:
If I was going to try and fix matches it wouldn't be with the bigger clubs. I would look for games that had more chance of escaping under the radar. It would be amazing if the rags were stripped of some titles due to some wrong doings but I think it is more likely that smaller clubs are involved.

What games bring more bets - the biggest clubs ones or Aldershot vs Plymouth

You are being a bit extreme there which is no surprise. Big games bring more small stake punters and smaller games tend to attract larger stake punters looking for irregularities in odds. Everyone knows City will beat certain teams at home. It is the mid-table 50/50 clashes where there is more opportunity to influence and make larger gains. There are huge values lumped on most sports these days thanks to the internet.

It's easier to fix big game than middle of league teams one. More bets - easier to stay under the radar, it'p pretty strange to bet huge sums on match with leveled odds, those games can go on either side always and normally you don't bet big money on it. Just as you don't do it when City are playing United, or Chelsea etc.. those are games where it can go either side easily.

You fix the game betting on City winning some weak team at home making sure that weak team lays down and cut possible surprise and bet huge money on it as it won't be suspicious as everyone would do it or you bet on surprise with less money as odds are huge.

The cookie monster said:
M18CTID said:
The cookie monster said:
Did a jury find them guilty or not guilty?

And anyway the thread was all about refs being paid off
In fact iirc the whole debate started about the prem and fa instructing that refs make sure the rags dont lose...
Me and a few others said it was bollocks..

Found not guilty but plenty of questions remained as you well know:

Grobbelaar pleaded not guilty, claiming he was only gathering evidence with the intent of taking it to the police. After two successive trials, in both of which the jury could not agree on a verdict, he and his co-defendants were cleared in November 1997. Grobbelaar later sued The Sun for libel and was awarded £85,000. The Sun appealed, and the case was eventually taken to the House of Lords where it was found that, though the specific allegations had not been proved, there was adequate evidence of dishonesty. The Lords slashed his award to £1, the lowest libel damages possible under English law, and ordered him to pay The Sun's legal costs, estimated at £500,000. In his judgement, Lord Bingham of Cornhill observed:

I know full well how the thread started but you know as well as anyone that it soon developed into something else - ie: possible corruption linked to betting syndicates, a debate that you fully participated in and claimed that was bollocks also.

Like i said it started with the prem,f a,sky,bbc,itv,red tops,uefa,fifa all out to stop city

That was bollocks,unless you were one of them that thought this was possible?

Then it went onto the triads running the prem,in fact iirc p.b said over 400 games had been fixed....
I didnt believe that over 400 prem games had been rigged....Do you?

Edit
It was 6 out of 10 prem matches were fixed most weeks
Now that is utter bollocks

You know for a fact that PB's theory wasn't the only one being discussed. There were plenty of scenarios debated in that thread and you point blank refused to acknowledge the possibility that some sort of corruption may be prevalent in the game over here.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Europol have confirmed what some of us have been saying for a while.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21319807

A Champions League tie played in England is one of 380 matches across Europe investigators say was fixed.

European police did not reveal the identity of the match they believe was corrupt in England.

But Europol did say that they had uncovered an organised crime syndicate based in Asia that was co-ordinating the operation.

Some 425 match officials, club officials, players and criminals are suspected of being involved.

Europol, which has been investigating for 18 months, said suspected matches included World Cup and European Championship qualifiers, two Champions League ties and "several top football matches in European leagues".

Criminals wagered 16m euros on rigged matches and made eight million Euros in profits, Europol say.

Payments of two million Euros are thought to have been paid to those involved. The biggest payment to an individual was 140,000 Euros, according to investigators.

Europol believes a crime syndicate based in Asia was liaising with criminal networks throughout Europe. It believes match-fixing has taken place in 15 countries and 50 people have so far been arrested.

Officials said they feared this was the "tip of the iceberg".

Rob Wainwright, director of Europol, said: " This is the work of a suspected organised crime syndicate based in Asia and operated with criminal networks around Europe.

"It is clear to us this is the biggest-ever investigation into suspected match-fixing in Europe. It has yielded major results which we think have uncovered a big problem for the integrity of football in Europe.

"We have uncovered an extensive criminal network."

So to those idiotic, smug, sarcastic twats who think it's all a bit of a nutjob conspiracy, your imminent apologies will be welcomed.

Oh dear - you really did take our little bout of lighthearted banter to heart,didn't you?
So just one single English game with odd betting patterns points to endemic corruption?
Could those findings actually be any more vague?
'Suspected' means just what it says on the tin.
Not one single arrest has been made.
You'll get an apology from me when folk are successfully prosecuted and spend the foreseeable future sewing mail bags.
And I look forward to you calling me a smug,sarcastic twat in person on March 2nd.

Nij its endemic, just look at Italy and cases have emerged in Germany and France. Spain has a big hearing on drug taking as well. Over here it will be so entrenched that every man and his dog will in on it. One things for sure, if there's any issues, Scudamore will want this dealt, but dealt with quietly, as it was in Grobbs time.

From Tancredi Palmeri:

Europol source,nr. of games fixed per country: 1)Germany 70; 2)Switzerland 41; 3)Finland 32; 4)Hungary 20; 5)Belgium 19; 6) Croatia 18 (1/2); 7) Turkey 79; 8) Austria 16; 9) Bosnia 7; 10) Slovenia 7.

Europol source,nr. of games fixed per country: more than 300 investigated from african, south-american, central-american and asian leagues

Europol source,games fixed per int. competition. Champions League: 2 preliminary games; Europa League: 1 cup game+14 preliminary games (1/2)

-

So if one of them was in England and the only fixed Champions League games were preliminary matches, wouldn't that mean Spurs vs. Young Boys, Arsenal vs. Udinese, or Arsenal vs. Celtic?

Napoli Chelsea comes to mind, to be honest though I doubt they will ever find enough evidence to prove this one in England and it will be swept under the carpet.

M18CTID said:
The cookie monster said:
M18CTID said:
Found not guilty but plenty of questions remained as you well know:

I know full well how the thread started but you know as well as anyone that it soon developed into something else - ie: possible corruption linked to betting syndicates, a debate that you fully participated in and claimed that was bollocks also.

Like i said it started with the prem,f a,sky,bbc,itv,red tops,uefa,fifa all out to stop city

Then it went onto the triads running the prem,in fact iirc p.b said over 400 games had been fixed....

Edit

You know for a fact that PB's theory wasn't the only one being discussed. There were plenty of scenarios debated in that thread and you point blank refused to acknowledge the possibility that some sort of corruption may be prevalent in the game over here.

Could you possibly show me some actual hard evidence to substantiate just one of those scenarios?
I know you think we're being arsey here,but not believing something until such time as it is proven is not a bad way to live your life.
God botherers get no end of grief on 'religion' threads for stating that god definitely exists,whilst providing no proof,other than 'well,that's what I believe'.
Yet sceptics like Cookie and me get grief on here for demanding proof of corruption.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
M18CTID said:
The cookie monster said:

Edit

Could you possibly show me some actual hard evidence to substantiate just one of those scenarios?
I know you think we're being arsey here,but not believing something until such time as it is proven is not a bad way to live your life.
God botherers get no end of grief on 'religion' threads for stating that god definitely exists,whilst providing no proof,other than 'well,that's what I believe'.
Yet sceptics like Cookie and me get grief on here for demanding proof of corruption.

Crikey NF, I'm only saying that it's a possibility, not that it's a definite. There's nothing wrong with keeping an open mind on something in the absence of "hard evidence".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.