Match fixing confirmed (including in England)

M18CTID said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
M18CTID said:
You know for a fact that PB's theory wasn't the only one being discussed. There were plenty of scenarios debated in that thread and you point blank refused to acknowledge the possibility that some sort of corruption may be prevalent in the game over here.

Could you possibly show me some actual hard evidence to substantiate just one of those scenarios?
I know you think we're being arsey here,but not believing something until such time as it is proven is not a bad way to live your life.
God botherers get no end of grief on 'religion' threads for stating that god definitely exists,whilst providing no proof,other than 'well,that's what I believe'.
Yet sceptics like Cookie and me get grief on here for demanding proof of corruption.

Crikey NF, I'm only saying that it's a possibility, not that it's a definite. There's nothing wrong with keeping an open mind on something in the absence of "hard evidence".

Then we agree mate - it is a possibility,and if it turns out that football is as rotten as the two year old Balti pie I found in the boot of my car the other day then I will be the first to fess up that I was wrong.
But you must admit that some of the conspiracy theories doing the rounds a while back were a tad bizarre,and that's using Pauldominic's posts as a yardstick.

Just to make the point about Grobelaar, the jury failed to reach a verdict therefore, after two trials, he had to be found not guilty. His brief was a relation of ours and said there was no doubt he took money with the intention of throwing a game.

However the defence was that he took the money but didn't actually throw the game and the jury had to watch videos to try to decide if he had deliberately let the goals in. In the end, a number were convinced that he did but not enough to convict him.

So to claim he was found not guilty therefore there is no corruption is simply not an acceptable argument.

SWP's back said:
why the fuck should you, you have been smug twats to colin about this subject, and I say that whilst liking you both, all 3 of you actually.

No,we simply had a bit of a laugh - is that not allowed on here anymore?
I have said all along that if folk end up charged,convicted and sentenced as an outcome of this then I shall be the first to admit I was wrong.
But what PB alleges regarding corruption within the English game and the op he posted here are different issues entirely,and he has admitted as much.
So to call folk smug twats is a bit much,given that nothing has been proved yet.
The irony being that I am indeed a smug twat most of the time,but I haven't been on this thread.

-- Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:37 pm --

Mrmcfc said:
I'm just left wondering just who these 'idiotic,smug sarcastic twats' are,given that I am not one of them.
Maybe they will be named and shamed along with the four bent refs and one dodgy manager in due course.
Or maybe not.
Ironic

Care to expand upon that pearl of wisdom?

Haha, that's brilliant, Nij, you lasted exactly one minute ;)

lloydie said:
SWP's back said:
why the fuck should you, you have been smug twats to colin about this subject, and I say that whilst liking you both, all 3 of you actually.

No,we simply had a bit of a laugh - is that not allowed on here anymore?
I have said all along that if folk end up charged,convicted and sentenced as an outcome of this then I shall be the first to admit I was wrong.
But what PB alleges regarding corruption within the English game and the op he posted here are different issues entirely,and he has admitted as much.
So to call folk smug twats is a bit much,given that nothing has been proved yet.
The irony being that I am indeed a smug twat most of the time,but I haven't been on this thread.

-- Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:37 pm --

Mrmcfc said:

Care to expand upon that pearl of wisdom?

Haha, that's brilliant, Nij, you lasted exactly one minute ;)

Sadly that is far from the first time someone has said that mate.

Bet our game against Porto was fixed we won away in Europe and that was their first defeat in 60 home games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.