Match fixing confirmed (including in England)

I've heard off a mate that it was a Liverpool game (he thinks the Liverpool v Chelsea semi (Riise o.g.)

Seems way too high profile to me but just passing on what I've heard!

Stretfordian_Blue said:
I've heard off a mate that it was a Liverpool game (he thinks the Liverpool v Chelsea semi (Riise o.g.)

It's Liverpool v Debrecen in 2009. I've heard two versions of how it was supposed to have been fixed. The first is that their keeper was supposed to ensure Debrecen lost by more than 2.5 goals but Liverpool screwed it up as Gerrard apparently couldn't hit the proverbial cow's arse with a banjo that night.

The other version is that Liverpool were expected to win by a load but the smart money went on a narrow Liverpool win (by less than 2.5 goals). Gerrard apparently couldn't hit the proverbial cow's arse with a banjo that night.

As the Debrecen keeper was banned for two years for his activities during another of the group games (v Fiorentina) then I suspect the former is the more likely.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

It's Liverpool v Debrecen in 2009. I've heard two versions of how it was supposed to have been fixed. The first is that their keeper was supposed to ensure Debrecen lost by more than 2.5 goals but Liverpool screwed it up as Gerrard apparently couldn't hit the proverbial cow's arse with a banjo that night.

The other version is that Liverpool were expected to win by a load but the smart money went on a narrow Liverpool win (by less than 2.5 goals). Gerrard apparently couldn't hit the proverbial cow's arse with a banjo that night.

As the Debrecen keeper was banned for two years for his activities during another of the group games (v Fiorentina) then I suspect the former is the more likely.
So, reading between the lines, it's the rags and wooney that are fixing matches....

Prestwich_Blue said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

I was at that game, we were awful. Trust us to only score one goal against a crap side whose goalkeeper was trying to let more in!

Somebody has said earlier that one of the common bets made is on the times of the First Yellow Card.

This will be Nectar to all the United/FA Agenda Posters.

"No wonder the Ginger Bastard always gets let off."

StevenLFC said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

I was at that game, we were awful. Trust us to only score one goal against a crap side whose goalkeeper was trying to let more in!
That is 'Typical City' territory.

ferguson_puppetmaster_pp.jpg

I've come in contact with match fixing before but never at such a top level. It's quite rampant in lower South American leagues and once I've heard of a lower Scottish match fix. Hopefully the culprits will be exposed for the world to see.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
M18CTID said:
The cookie monster said:
Like i said it started with the prem,f a,sky,bbc,itv,red tops,uefa,fifa all out to stop city

That was bollocks,unless you were one of them that thought this was possible?

Then it went onto the triads running the prem,in fact iirc p.b said over 400 games had been fixed....
I didnt believe that over 400 prem games had been rigged....Do you?

Edit
It was 6 out of 10 prem matches were fixed most weeks
Now that is utter bollocks

You know for a fact that PB's theory wasn't the only one being discussed. There were plenty of scenarios debated in that thread and you point blank refused to acknowledge the possibility that some sort of corruption may be prevalent in the game over here.

Could you possibly show me some actual hard evidence to substantiate just one of those scenarios?
I know you think we're being arsey here,but not believing something until such time as it is proven is not a bad way to live your life.
God botherers get no end of grief on 'religion' threads for stating that god definitely exists,whilst providing no proof,other than 'well,that's what I believe'.Yet sceptics like Cookie and me get grief on here for demanding proof of corruption.

That’s a poor argument to use as nobody can prove that God (whatever incarnation they believe in) doesn't exist. What we do is look at what evidence is available and come to an educated conclusion that God doesn't exist and we can do the same with football.

What we know for certain is that football has been corrupt in one form or another from it's very beginnings. Well, from when people realised money could be made out of it.

Football is no longer just a game and it hasn’t been for a long, long time. It’s a big money business and like any big money business it's open to all forms of corruption to ensure that big money carries on rolling in for individuals/clubs/governing bodies. Whether it be match fixing, dodgy transfers or influencing PL/UEFA/FIFA policy (creation of the CL and FFP etc.).

The PL and CL are the biggest money making club competitions in football and it’s where the biggest money can be made or lost by individuals and clubs and the relevant governing body and I’ve no doubt they are rife with some form of corruption.

We only have to look at the recent goings on with FIFA/Platini/PSG/Qatar and the recent sackings of FIFA staff for receiving bribes (which only came about after a challenge to Blatter’s crown)

*I also love to fuel a good conspiracy; so with that I’m going to throw in the fact that Rooney went so long without a booking last season as being very iffy :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.