Match of the Day - 2012/13

Swales lives said:
Last nights review of the Wigan v City match by Capt Scarlet, King Creosote & Big Ears proved one thing to me. They didn't actually watch the match.

I imagine they rarely do watch matches that they give their opinion on. I expect that a couple of researchers will pick out stuff for them to get worked up about tbh.

The Pink Panther said:
squirtyflower said:
Watched the game with my wife when we got back from the game

She doesn't normally comment on the show but was perplexed as to why the highlights looked like we were incredibly lucky and that 'plucky' Wigan had completely dominated us.

Yet the stats showed we had more possession, more shots on target and more shots off target although we were level with corners

Five or ten minute highlights can be extremely deceiving. I think what got me in the analysis, was they showed two Wigan chances and said we were fortunate. One was a free header from ten yards that the Wigan player really should have done better with and the other, no one ever looked like getting on the end of the cross apart from the player practically on the dead ball line who had no chance of scoring
Compare those to the totally misjudged headed chance Balotelli should have buried from three yards that I'm very surprised they didn't highlight. There again Mario scored, so perhaps if he hadn't, they might have

We were lucky with the Kone one. He should have buried it.

Bale booked for diving again last night, I may be wrong but believe it was omitted from the highlights?

Kinky Dribbler said:
The Pink Panther said:
squirtyflower said:
Watched the game with my wife when we got back from the game

She doesn't normally comment on the show but was perplexed as to why the highlights looked like we were incredibly lucky and that 'plucky' Wigan had completely dominated us.

Yet the stats showed we had more possession, more shots on target and more shots off target although we were level with corners

Five or ten minute highlights can be extremely deceiving. I think what got me in the analysis, was they showed two Wigan chances and said we were fortunate. One was a free header from ten yards that the Wigan player really should have done better with and the other, no one ever looked like getting on the end of the cross apart from the player practically on the dead ball line who had no chance of scoring
Compare those to the totally misjudged headed chance Balotelli should have buried from three yards that I'm very surprised they didn't highlight. There again Mario scored, so perhaps if he hadn't, they might have

We were lucky with the Kone one. He should have buried it.

Bale booked for diving again last night, I may be wrong but believe it was omitted from the highlights?

Your correct bud, 78 minutes he got it. I didn't watch MOTD so dunno if it was swept under the rug, disgracefull coverage if they have not.

Any issue of contention then the bbc won't show it either, they like their sedate cotton wool covergae nowadays.

No real drama's about us tonight, looking forward to the Arse and Chelsea defeats though. We are 5th on tonight.

They should be able to cram all the real action from the Etihad into 30 seconds of tv time ...

Lets see now .....

first half ... one Dzeko shot
one piece of crap defending to allow Fellaine in
oh yes , and one debateable penalty that Everton don't think was!

second half .... one shot from full back , Maicon

yes , they should be alright with 30 seconds !

(by the way , not that it did em' much good , but watch out for a top class Chelsea goal at Upton Park ........ and a West Ham equaliser that probably shouldn't have stood!)

black mamba said:
They should be able to cram all the real action from the Etihad into 30 seconds of tv time ...

Lets see now .....

first half ... one Dzeko shot
one piece of crap defending to allow Fellaine in
oh yes , and one debateable penalty that Everton don't think was!

second half .... one shot from full back , Maicon

yes , they should be alright with 30 seconds !

(by the way , not that it did em' much good , but watch out for a top class Chelsea goal at Upton Park ........ and a West Ham equaliser that probably shouldn't have stood!)
And a RVP ''no goal'' that was definitely a goal!

Keeper should have had United's first.

What a knobhead Anderson looks to be, it's an epidemic at the swamp. Think he got injured in this game too?<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:42 pm --<br /><br />If we don't put at least five past Reading I'll be disappointed... shambolic defending!

Hate to say it but RVP is a fantastic player, we should have tried harder to get him.

da Silva petulance brushed aside, if that was balo they would have spent the whole time slating him, how bad team spirit is etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.