Match of the Day - 2020/21

After the last three games we are probably due a few games where we get nothing. Honestly, the penalty we got v Wolves, and the penalty we didn’t concede today were two shocking decisions. Mind boggling officiating, from both the on-field referee and the VAR. I can’t deny that just because we benefitted from them. So yeah, human nature means we probably suffer in the coming games on some key decisions. But these refs are too shit for us to not benefit from a crap decision again sooner rather than later. It won’t be season-long.
What about the penalty we should have had against Wolves? Also today, the danger had gone and it was a collision as Eddie was already in the deck when Wilson collided with him.

What about the penalty we should have had against Wolves? Also today, the danger had gone and it was a collision as Eddie was already in the deck when Wilson collided with him.
But surely taking someone out off the ball is still a foul? It doesn’t matter where the danger is, if you clean a man out, it’s a foul. If that’s not a foul (and penalty) then you can just have players take opponents out off the ball with no consequence. Teams would use it as a tactic. Every time we attack, just kick all the players that don’t have the ball down to their knees.

It’s a penalty, all day every day. It has to be.

For all the complaining on the mainstream and social media today for what were some bad decisions I have watched two matches with two fair results and I have just watched the highlights of the Chelsea game with another fair result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.