Match of the Day - 2023/24

That’s not what he said, he said what I stated. I think he got confused with the Doku goal & the ‘Akanji’ goal.
tbf Murphy gets confused trying to remember how to breathe & talk but unfortunately manages to fluke it a lot.

I don’t know how people think this is at all contentious. They showed this during the game with the lines, he’s a good yard behind the ball.

I suspect again, we still have people who don’t understand the fact the ball goes forward is irrelevant.

Why would VAR choose to mendaciously bend the rules to award a goal when Bournemouth are 4-0 down? It would be pointless.
I thought the original pass to the winger was offside, not the cross,shown above.

I thought the original pass to the winger was offside, not the cross,shown above.

I see that, fair enough, that’s my misunderstanding - I was countering the point people were making about the lines not being parallel etc.

I wasn’t at the ground so as AHT posted above I’ve absolutely nothing to go off other than the players reactions as the angles broadcast don’t give any clues.

It’s the ball before that, over the top, man looked a yard off
That’s what I thought, looked off to me, but not seen anything. Which play were they looking at? The original ball to the winger or the cross for the goal?

That’s what I thought, looked off to me, but not seen anything. Which play were they looking at? The original ball to the winger or the cross for the goal?
I think because the ball was a 60 yard pass, by the time our eyes catch up with it, Aarons looks miles offside.

I posted a still above taken from Sky’s highlights that shows none of our players even appealing for offside. That generally means they think it’s on.

Only Ake looks at the assistant after the goal and even that looked more in Hope than expectation.

I think because the ball was a 60 yard pass, by the time our eyes catch up with it, Aarons looks miles offside.

I posted a still above taken from Sky’s highlights that shows none of our players even appealing for offside. That generally means they think it’s on.

Only Ake looks at the assistant after the goal and even that looked more in Hope than expectation.
Yeah I get that, but I was sat directly in line with Aarons and he looked offside to me, but as you said, the ball travelled a long way to him. I’ve not seen anything to conclude either way.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.