Match of the Day - 2023/24

Outdated format from an outdated public broadcaster that actually costs £159 mind you Gary’s quips must be worth his annual salary of £1.35m yes £1.35m per year
Another BBC scandal !!
It really is. Should go the way of the dodo. Find all the highlights you want, when you want on youtube without the completely inane 'bantz' and dogshit 'analysis' from idiots

Outdated format from an outdated public broadcaster that actually costs £159 mind you Gary’s quips must be worth his annual salary of £1.35m yes £1.35m per year
Another BBC scandal !!
Those 3 words sum up the bbc, get shut for me. I can pick and choose my "news" reporting from endless other sources who, imho, are no more or less biased than the bbc are

I haven't watched MotD for so long I had forgotten about it. An hour or so after games end you can see the brief highlights on YouTube anyway - courtesy of Sly Sports most of them. And as you said you don't have to listen the constant fucking droning of Shearer and the like. are many much worse than Shearer tbf.

Those 3 words sum up the bbc, get shut for me. I can pick and choose my "news" reporting from endless other sources who, imho, are no more or less biased than the bbc are
No. You scrap public service broadcasting at your peril. We are not like the Cultists - football is not everything in life.
But I just can’t see why they can’t have an intelligent, analytical programme with managers and coaches a bit more qualified than Troy Deeney.
That’s my biggest criticism - that they don’t have to be the same as Sky and the papers but could offer something different and non biased.

It's the 21st century: most people have computers/laptops/iPhones and what have you, and the advances in technology has seen digital replacing analogue in nearly all aspects of life - so much so that the only way the world could grind to a halt (literally) would be if Silicon Valley was to be destroyed.

Why pay the BBC to watch old and washed-up former players sitting snugly in a studio telling you what you've just seen? Surgically dissecting each incident like Zapruder's old home movie from the Dealey Plaza, patronising the viewers at home with such wonderful snippets of information like: "Yeah, he missed the penalty. But I think you'll find he was actually trying to put the ball in the net, not put it over the bar." Or "Y'see, if you score more goals than the opposition you win the game."

Breathtaking.

It really is. Should go the way of the dodo. Find all the highlights you want, when you want on youtube without the completely inane 'bantz' and dogshit 'analysis' from idiots
I really do object to my license fee being pee-ed up the Media City wall on what you say is an outdated format that they have the graphics lads doing their best to brighten up, but the first nano-second of Danny Muppet opening his mouth is an immediate turn off. But the Biased Broadcasting Canutes are desperate to broadcast a bit of sport. Won't be long before they are a subscription channel and the only subscribers will be readers of the RDAHMeedya biased sports pages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.